Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Guys: What should I wear on a date? page 3

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by heatseeker View Post
    I vote for meeting Mr. Anthony's friend, too! Hello, forum friends, you know eligible Primal men in Austin, you better hook a girl up!

And yeah, I've had nothing but disastrous experiences dating younger guys. I was born in January 1985 and my lower age threshold is July 1985. Sue me for generalizing.

LOL, yoga pants. I teach yoga, so I know well the look of a man who's just caught a glimpse of a PYT in yoga pants. They really do leave nothing to the imagination.
    Austin has a sizeable primal/paleo meetup group btw. You can try to meet guys there...

Austin is in general a good place to meet guys who are both intelligent and attractive IMO.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    Personally, I really like skirts and/or dresses. Not saying that I dislike pants on a woman, they can also be quite nice. Jeans for example can be really nice, especially if they fit well.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Leggings / skirt, flats, funky top. Make sure you're comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by heatseeker View Post
    In all seriousness, I think it's just that the Venn diagram of "guys who lift/work out" and "guys who have more than two brain cells to rub together" is unfortunately narrow, out there in the real world. On here, everybody is generally fit and also smart, but IRL, that is not the case. And it's not like I'm only seeking ripped guys, just that my interests are largely fitness AND I work in fitness so I tend to mostly meet people from that world.
    Two words: martial arts! I think it attracts a really interesting kind of man... Fit, yet sensitive / spiritual in their own way. (Obviously this is a huge generalisation, and is mostly based on my boyfriend being into martial arts ) But I think men who are into a sport, as opposed to just pounding the gym, have an extra dimension to those who mostly just want to look good.

I do agree with Mr. Anthony though - I don't think you wearing the right thing, or going to the right place will help you meet the right guy. It sounds like you're attracted to douches because of a subconscious reason. Maybe ask yourself why?

(sorry for the two bit psychology).

Oh, re. younger men: Weirdly, most of my female friends are in relationships with younger men. I think it's the new thing. I never dated a younger man in my life: thought it was a stupid idea. And now I'm 31 and my boyfriend is 28 He loves that I'm older. He thinks it means I'm mature
    Last edited by YogaBare; 09-10-2013 at 05:59 PM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Owen is offline Senior Member
    Basically you want leggings that are roomy and hardwearing, plus a decent pair of breathable waterproofs in case the weather comes in, in terms of torso, go for layers - a short sleeve base layer, with a fleece and then a waterproof overcoat, wait sorry, wrong thread, thats my wild camping gear.....

Malibu is offline Junior Member
    Anything without cat hair on it.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Leggings / skirt, flats, funky top. Make sure you're comfortable.
    Yes yes yes and yes. Please and yes. And yes.

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Oh, re. younger men: Weirdly, most of my female friends are in relationships with younger men. I think it's the new thing. I never dated a younger man in my life: thought it was a stupid idea. And now I'm 31 and my boyfriend is 28 He loves that I'm older. He thinks it means I'm mature
    I'm 31 as well, and I've been dating older women almost exclusively for the past 4 years. I find women in their mid-late 30's to be less clingy, more realistic in their expectations, and more libidoistically compatible and sexually comfortable with themselves. Obviously it becomes more important that they've made good choices with regards to taking care of themselves, but that's important to me anyway. So I +1 your manfriend's choice.

Malibu is offline Junior Member
    Anything without cat hair on it.

Jefferson1775 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    Actually cowgirl jeans > yoga pants too. Not so much for the visual (because who can deny the aethetics..) but for the implications of the wearer.
    I agree with you on this. I'm a country boy, so seeing a good-looking girl in some boots and jeans does something for me. There was this one time, though, where I saw a girl wearing a "Guns Save Lives" t-shirt. I knew right then that I wanted to talk to her, but she was already jogging away.
    In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

lea
    lea is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    Always wear an old favorite (not too trendy, something classic) rather than a new dress/outfit. You need to troubleshoot your outfit (ie. if it rides up constantly, if there is tons of static, if it wrinkles easily, etc. etc.) before a date. .
    This is like runners race day advice and makes a hell of a lot of sense.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by lea View Post
    This is like runners race day advice and makes a hell of a lot of sense.
    Yep. Always always troubleshoot outfits...interviews, first dates...

And also, just because neon green helmets are the new thing over at Paris fashion week doesn't mean the guy will appreciate it.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast