Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Question about my 14 year old girl page 3

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    It depends, and I was using growing as a blanket statement really. I only included my height for an example.
    Actually, the age that someone has their main growth spurt is a good predictor of overall height. Those who have their spurts on the earlier side (both men and women), tend to be shorter on average. I'm pretty short myself, and low and behold, I had my growth spurt when the girls were having them.

I had a brief period where I was taller than almost anyone my age, and people thought I was going to be some kind of giant. But no, this didn't pan out... Heh.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I can testify to that. I didn't hit a major growth spurt until around almost 16, when I was 5'4, and my mom assumed I was going to be some kind of genetic failure(dad is 6'6, my mom is almost 6') and then I grew almost a foot over the summer.

Those growing pains...

Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Yeah, I can testify to that. I didn't hit a major growth spurt until around almost 16, when I was 5'4, and my mom assumed I was going to be some kind of genetic failure(dad is 6'6, my mom is almost 6') and then I grew almost a foot over the summer.

Those growing pains...

I'm maybe 5'6 myself, but I make the best of it. Woulda been nice to have another inch or two maybe, but eh, good things come in small packages, right?

Anyone?

max219 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    I'm maybe 5'6 myself, but I make the best of it. Woulda been nice to have another inch or two maybe, but eh, good things come in small packages, right?

Anyone?
    5'5 over here, and yes it sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by max219 View Post
    5'5 over here, and yes it sucks.
    Short girls are expected, even in some cases, desired. But with men...?

Not so much.

But like I said, we have to make the best of it and do what we can to learn to live with it. I'm on the autistic spectrum as well and people on the autistic spectrum tend to be a little shorter on average. There are though, exceptions to this as always.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ShannonCC View Post

Recently she started sprinting. Now she's having a problem where she eats til she's full (as always) but an hour or so later she's still physically full but feels hungry.

I'm thinking it's related to the sprinting.
    Oh man this happens to me, too, and I'm an old lady who eats way more carbohydrates than your daughter! I have no idea what to do about it.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

jammies is offline Senior Member
    How long has she been extra hungry? It seems pretty common around here for people to experience highly variable appetite - eating like crazy for a few days or weeks and then cycling back down to needing less food.

It could just be a natural, but temporary, bump. If I am reading correctly, it doesn't really seem like she is eating all that much - would it be a problem for her to just eat more if she is hungry?
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member

Those growing pains...

I didn't stop growing until I was about 22 as well. And didn't really start until I was around 16 or 17 as well. I was always the shortest in school but now when I run into the "tall" people from school I'm at least a few inches higher.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    I was still growing after I left school, maybe didn't stop completely till 19 or 20 when I finally reached 5'4".

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast