Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: gaining mass on paleo? page 3

I know a couple guys who are 5'9" and 5'10", and each weigh 220. both are natural. the 5'9" guy carries a little more fat than the 5'10" guy. both have arms and legs like tree trunks and are large framed guys. thick wrists, big hands, etc. and neither has ever touched a roid in their life. stop generalizing that to be 6'2" and 225 you need roids. maybe YOU would, but that doesn't mean everyone would. It depends on your build. take a look at fighters in any given discipline and you'll see a huge difference in body type in the same weight class. people are built differently.

quikky is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripped View Post
    If you really think what I am saying is bro science, then can you please come up with at least one case where a person got to be 225 lbs at 6'2" and a reasonably low body fat percentage without taking steroids? You can't.
    Based on what evidence are you so conclusively making this observation? What is the highest mass a 6'2" male can obtain with "reasonably" (what does this mean?) low body fat without steroids? I don't know the answer, apparently you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripped View Post
    And no, 17% is not reasonably lean, it's fat.
    You have psychological issues regarding body fat.

Quote Originally Posted by quikky View Post
    obviously...the dude is ripped. remember?

Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    I know a couple guys who are 5'9" and 5'10", and each weigh 220. both are natural. the 5'9" guy carries a little more fat than the 5'10" guy. both have arms and legs like tree trunks and are large framed guys. thick wrists, big hands, etc. and neither has ever touched a roid in their life. stop generalizing that to be 6'2" and 225 you need roids. maybe YOU would, but that doesn't mean everyone would. It depends on your build. take a look at fighters in any given discipline and you'll see a huge difference in body type in the same weight class. people are built differently.
    Exactly. Hell, I am 5'11" with a small frame and I was recently 205lb. I wasn't exactly Mr. Six Pack, but I was by no means fat. I could definitely be ~200lb and relatively lean. Someone 3 inches taller, and especially with a large frame, could easily be 225lb without excessive body fat and steroids.

OldSchhool is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quikky View Post

This guy was far from ripped but always seemed popular with the ladies !!!

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Pretty much every NFL running back is under 6'2" but 220 pounds or more.

I stood next to Emmitt Smith in his prime. We were roughly the same height, but holy crap that man was THICK. Like, two of me melted together.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchhool View Post
    This guy was far from ripped but always seemed popular with the ladies !!!

He had other gifts, ones, I imagine, more desirable by the ladies than low amounts of fat around the stomach

OldSchhool is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    Pretty much every NFL running back is under 6'2" but 220 pounds or more.

I stood next to Emmitt Smith in his prime. We were roughly the same height, but holy crap that man was THICK. Like, two of me melted together.
    Not many Natty's there though.

In 1989, estimates ranged from six to fifty percent. The six percent is the number of players who have actually tested positive. The fifty percent comes from players’ observation saying that about half of the players have used steroids at some point in their lives.
    Steroids in NFL - iSteroids.com

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    If you think the 20 or even the 25% examples on the men's side of this chart can be accurately described as "fat," you have an eating disorder.

Body Fat Percentage Pictures of Men & Women - BuiltLean

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    If you think the 20 or even the 25% examples on the men's side of this chart can be accurately described as "fat," you have an eating disorder.

Body Fat Percentage Pictures of Men & Women - BuiltLean
    The worst is the choice to be weak in the pursuit of low body fat. I know a guy who is 5'10", who frequently asks me about strength training. My response is that he needs to work with barbells and eat more. He doesn't want to gain weight. He weighs 158lb and squats 130lb x 5.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast