Thread: 5-HTP and other supplements page

Buster11 is offline Senior Member

5-HTP and other supplements

Hi was wondering if anyone had any expierence with 5-HTP or l-tyrosine as was thinking of getting some for a serotonin boost(I am naturally anxious most of the time) Other natural supplements are welcome as I am open to suggestion.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Check out the book The Mood Cure. I followed that supplement protocol (loosely, did not bother with all of the vitamins) to deal with anxiety & depression and it helped greatly.

I learned later that you should supplement 5-HTP and L-Tyrosine together at a 1:10 ratio. So a 50 mg dose of 5-HTP should be met with a 500 mg dose of L-Tyrosine. I took L-Tyrosine in the morning and 5-HTP at night, because one helped me focus and the other helped me sleep. Together, they eliminated my anxiety & depression. A good diet helped too, obviously
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Buster11 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Check out the book The Mood Cure. I followed that supplement protocol (loosely, did not bother with all of the vitamins) to deal with anxiety & depression and it helped greatly.

I learned later that you should supplement 5-HTP and L-Tyrosine together at a 1:10 ratio. So a 50 mg dose of 5-HTP should be met with a 500 mg dose of L-Tyrosine. I took L-Tyrosine in the morning and 5-HTP at night, because one helped me focus and the other helped me sleep. Together, they eliminated my anxiety & depression. A good diet helped too, obviously
    Thanks, I've just literally bought the book and supplements off ebay. Great to hear you had a positive expierence with it. I heard it helps eliminate binging/carb cravings aswell so I am going to use this as help, with the ratio you suggested