Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Peanut Butter page

RMF5630 is offline Junior Member

Peanut Butter

Shop Now
    Been doing Primal for several months, my only problem is peanut butter in protein shake. How much would once a day peanut butter screw up primal?

Also, I can't make my own at work, so I get it at the gym after my lunch time work out. Been working so well for 10 years that I don't want to screw with it and they won't let me bring in another "nut" butter.

paint94979 is offline Senior Member
    The gym won't let you bring almond butter as opposed to peanut butter? What?!!!

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paint94979 View Post
    The gym won't let you bring almond butter as opposed to peanut butter? What?!!!
    I think he buys the protein shake at the gym. And they won't use outside items, (which is smart if you run a food business).

Just tell them to leave the peanut butter out, brah.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    Make it at home the night before, refrigerate in a themos.

If I was using peanut butter, I'd buy the natural kind and let it settle until the oil floated to the top, a month or two. The pour off the oil and throw it away.

StupidFatHobbit is offline Senior Member
    This reminds me of a question I have: Is natural peanut butter (made from peanuts and salt) really so bad if you're not allergic? I've given it up for the last few months but saw no noticeable benefit. Plus almond butter is 2x the cost.

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StupidFatHobbit View Post
    This reminds me of a question I have: Is natural peanut butter (made from peanuts and salt) really so bad if you're not allergic? I've given it up for the last few months but saw no noticeable benefit. Plus almond butter is 2x the cost.
    Never bothered me.

Castle is offline Senior Member
    I buy Smuckers Organic Natural. If you have control issues (just google "Peanut butter binge") then stay away from it. If you're afraid of or sensitive to legumes, avoid it. Otherwise just make sure you're not getting weird oils in there, and you're good.

Pheebie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    I buy Smuckers Organic Natural. If you have control issues (just google "Peanut butter binge") then stay away from it. If you're afraid of or sensitive to legumes, avoid it. Otherwise just make sure you're not getting weird oils in there, and you're good.
    Same here, and a plus is that it's readily available.
    Usually I dump mine into a mixing bowl, hit it with a hand mixer for minute to fully incorporate the natual oil with the clay-like butter, then put it back in its jar & into the fridge.

Aside from almond butter costing way more, I've yet to find one that tastes good to me, which is odd because I love almonds. Go figure.

MIstressKiki is offline Senior Member
    80/20 - 'nuff said
    I don't ask that you like me - all I ask is that you respect my life experiences and i will do the same.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast