Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Peanut Butter page 2

tarek is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Peanuts are no worse for you than any other nut or seed -- almost all of them contain lectins, antinutrients, enzyme inhibitors, omega-6 fats (although some have more than others), etc. In moderate amounts, they shouldn't cause you any trouble. If you feel fine eating it, enjoy it in your smoothie and don't worry about it.

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    What's weird for me is that I used to eat TONS of peanut butter, and then totally stopped when I started eating primal/paleo, and haven't missed it. I probably still have half a jar in a cabinet that's like 1.5 years old at this point, now that I think about it. Should maybe clean out the pantry. It's weird to not have a craving for something that I used to love so much, but whatever.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    I miss Jif. it was the only brand worth eating... And there is no way that is close to paleo with how much added bad oils and hfcs there is in a jar.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    I'm one of the few round here that doesn't geek about getting a bunch of their calories from seeds and nuts... I actually sit down with a jar of almond butter a couple times a week.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Yeah, but Neckhammer, at least your almond butter isn't infused with partially hydrogenated soybean oil. When I eat peanut butter for treats or swollertrophy, I buy the Skippy Natural. Ingredients are: Peanuts, sugar (a whopping 2g/serving), palm oil, salt. And no stirring. And it tastes like peanut butter.

But I think OP dude is buying shakes at his gym and they have their own peanut butter and that's the source of his concern.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I grew up on natural-style peanut butter, peanuts and salt. The commercial kind, with added hydrogenated fat, corn syrup, and whatever else doesn't taste like peanut butter to me.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    I grew up on natural-style peanut butter, peanuts and salt. The commercial kind, with added hydrogenated fat, corn syrup, and whatever else doesn't taste like peanut butter to me.
    I grew up with the corn syrup stuff on Wonder bread, chased with Mountain Dew.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Yeah, but Neckhammer, at least your almond butter isn't infused with partially hydrogenated soybean oil. When I eat peanut butter for treats or swollertrophy, I buy the Skippy Natural. Ingredients are: Peanuts, sugar (a whopping 2g/serving), palm oil, salt. And no stirring. And it tastes like peanut butter.

But I think OP dude is buying shakes at his gym and they have their own peanut butter and that's the source of his concern.
    Yup your right, I'm getting off topic again. The random stuff they throw in at your local globogym isn't likely to be the best quality stuff.

OldSchhool is online now Senior Member
    I still have it but only the stuff that lists one ingredient on the label....Peanuts.

OldSchhool is online now Senior Member
    Anyone ever tried pouring off all the peanut oil at the top of a new jar and replacing the lost oil with coconut oil ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast