Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: for the chocolate lovers... page 2

Cyborcat is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I suspect that kethy was trolling us.
    My Blog where I talk about my experiences with improving my health and life
    (I try to update ... once in awhile)

Rimmer - Step up to Red Alert!
    Kryten - Sir ... are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
    (Red Dwarf)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyborcat View Post
    I suspect that kethy was trolling us.
    Agreed. Gimme 30 seconds and I'll primalize it

Quote Originally Posted by kethy View Post
    for all chocolate lovers including me i have very delicious recipe for backing chocolate cake quickly. So it is just for my all chocolate lovers… it is very easy and all of you try it and enjoy your moments…
    prep time<>15 mins
    cook time<>30 mins
    total time<>45 mins

chocolate cake with decadent chocolate frosting that will quickly become our favorite!
    Ingredients
    •chocolate cake
    •2 cups all-purpose flour - instead: 1/2 cup coconut flour, 1/2 cup hemp flour, 1/2 cup coconut (macaroon is best) -- yes the measurements are different. (and i've started using hemp instead of almond flour. But you could add almond in there too, and adjust the measurements so they add up up to 1 1/2 cups, so long as the coconut flour is no more than 1/3 the recipe)
    •2 cups sugar - instead: 1 cup stevia (either "like sugar" or powdered leaf, or half and half of them)
    •¾ cup cocoa - instead: 1 1/4 cup raw cacao
    •2 teaspoons baking powder
    •1½ teaspoons baking soda
    •1 teaspoon salt
    •1 teaspoon espresso powder
    •1 cup milk - instead: 1 cup non-homo kefir, or coconut milk. Or both to be 1 cup.
    •½ cup vegetable oil - instead: Butter or coconut oil
    •2 eggs - instead: Try it with 4 eggs. It could need 6. Maybe i'll test out this sucker myself :d
    •2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    •1 cup boiling water

•chocolate frosting
    •1½ cups butter (3 sticks)
    •1 cup cocoa
    •5 cups confectioner’s sugar - replace with stevia to taste. That's a lot of sugar!
    •½ cup milk - instead: Full fat greek yogurt (it will help with bulk you lose by using stevia instead of sugar)
    •2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    •½ teaspoon espresso powder
    instructions
    1.preheat oven to 350º f. Prepare two 9-inch cake pans by buttering and lightly dusting with coconut.
    2.for the cake: (read the instructions as using replacement measurements)
    3.add flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt and espresso powder to a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Whisk through to combine or, using your paddle attachment, stir through flour mixture until combined well.
    4.add milk, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla to flour mixture and mix together on medium speed until well combined. Reduce speed and carefully add boiling water to the cake batter. Beat on high speed for about 1 minute to add air to the batter.
    5.distribute cake batter evenly between the two prepared cake pans. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick or cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
    6.remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
    7.frost cake with chocolate frosting.
    8.for the chocolate frosting:
    9.add cocoa to a large bowl or bowl of stand mixer. Whisk through to remove any lumps.
    10.melt butter and pour into bowl with cocoa powder. Whisk together until well-combined.
    11.add sugar and milk to cocoa mixture by adding 1 cup of sugar followed by about a tablespoon of milk. After each addition has been combined, turn mixer onto a high speed for about a minute. Repeat until all sugar and milk have been added.
    12.add vanilla extract and espresso powder and combine well.
    13.if frosting appears too dry, add more milk, a tablespoon at a time until it reaches the right consistency. If it appears to wet and does not hold its form, add more confectioner’s sugar, a tablespoon at a time until it reaches the right consistency.
    fixed it

CaliforniaGirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FrenchFry View Post
    Looks nice, but I am surprised to see "all purpose flour". I don't have much against sugar per se (save for the fact that my teeth don't like it ...) but wheat flour + sugar + butter + milk ... mmmm, i hope your chocolate lovers are gluten / lactose insensitive and not too metabolically deranged ...

Sorry if I sound a little negative but there are ways to make a chocolate cake without the usual allergenic / inflammatory ingredients.
    I was thinking the exact same thing. I actually thought it was some kind of joke.

Cyborcat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shield_Maiden View Post
    fixed it
    Nice ^.^
    My Blog where I talk about my experiences with improving my health and life
    (I try to update ... once in awhile)

Rimmer - Step up to Red Alert!
    Kryten - Sir ... are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
    (Red Dwarf)

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    The poster for that choco cake recipe is a troll. Look at the signature... SEO links.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

MarielleGO is offline Senior Member
    On many Paleo/primal recipes websites I see a lot of snacks that are made of Chocolate and Cocos. How bad is chocolate? what chocolate do you use? Cacao powder?

paleodutch is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarielleGO View Post
    On many Paleo/primal recipes websites I see a lot of snacks that are made of Chocolate and Cocos. How bad is chocolate? what chocolate do you use? Cacao powder?
    Chocolate is fine as long as it is 72% or darker. In the Netherlands AH has good Swiss chocolate in 72 and 78 % without soy or milkpowder. AH also has austalian organic cocoa powder you can use in baking or for making your own chocolate. Reformwinkels also have good dark chocolates and cocoa powder.

Quote Originally Posted by MarielleGO View Post
    Raw cacao is your friend! Powder, nibs and paste. I use all of them.

On that note, I made amazing paleo chocolate cookies using yogurt I made myself with coconut milk. Then I made hemp cinnamon cider cookies and oh my goodness they're insanely good.

When I write out the recipes (I do everything by methodology/chemistry) I'll share them if you like

Owen is offline Senior Member
    I eat dark chocolate most days with my breakfast, am going to try some of these ideas, thaks for posting

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast