Thread: Gluten free pizza crust at favorite pizza place... delighted!! :D page

jilly is online now Member

Gluten free pizza crust at favorite pizza place... delighted!! :D

Primal Fuel
    I am a central Texan, living in Austin. We have a pizza company that I'm almost certain is exclusive to these parts. Its called Gatti's, formerly Mr. Gatti's. Has been my favorite pizza since I was little, and I really miss it, since I'm trying to keep a paleo lifestyle. However, fear no more! They have started purchasing a gluten free crust from this company - Smart Flour Foods

It was a little expensive, their only options are a small 10 inch pizza for 13 dollars and a medium 12 inch for 14. We got the medium, and it was not filling enough for both me and the hubby. So after delivery and taxes and tip, we paid 20 bucks to not be full. It was seriously 8 tiny thin slices, but WOW was I impressed with the taste! It was crispy, not chewy, and I looked up the ingredients on the website of the company and they seem pretty alright! A few things I have never heard of but are apparently good types of flour. The only bad thing I noticed on the ingredients list was canola oil but it is very last on the list. Olive oil is in it too, but more in the middle. So I'm guessing that's the majority oil. It looks like you can order the crust on their website, so just in case anyone was looking for a gluten free crust, here you go! Maybe not for all the time, but if you are looking for an easy Saturday night dinner, perfect! I'll probably order it from the website instead of ordering it from Gatti's, 20 bucks is just too much. And they only allow 3 toppings for that one (not sure why...) but I was definitely impressed. Worth taking a look at.
    Last edited by jilly; 09-08-2013 at 02:26 PM.

jilly is online now Member
    I forgot to mention is has sugar and agave in the ingredients as well, but probably not a lot. I still think if you are wanting pizza and don't feel like making a cauliflower crust from scratch, this is a nice option. Like I said, its not perfect for every day, but it has no wheat and that's the main thing I enjoy about it.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Just make a meatzza like I do. Ground beef crust, cheese, lots of veggies as toppings, mushrooms maybe... Tomato or cream sauce as per taste. Very easy to make and tasty.

alleycat is offline Junior Member
    Ground beef crust?? How do you do that? recipe please!!

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
    Ground beef crust?? How do you do that? recipe please!!
    You mix the uncooked ground beef with an egg or two (depending on the amount of beef) and then form it around the edge of a cast iron pan, cook it partially in the pan. Then you finish in the oven with the sauce, cheese, and other toppings added. The cast iron pan becomes your cooking vessel and serving vessel all in one.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Or an all cheese crust.

Or just make crustless casserole with tons of cheese, Italian sausage, bacon, sauce, mushrooms and call it deep dish.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Kris T is offline Senior Member
    That sounds delicious. Added it to my list of things to try in October when I am eating dairy again.
    44 F 5'5
    SW 205.4
    CW 180.4
    GW 150

alleycat is offline Junior Member
    Thank you!