Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cauliflower rice

Cauliflower rice

Shop Now
    Does anyone know how to make cauliflower rice or something else to go under spaghetti. I am making spaghetti tonight and obviously don't want the noodles, but feel that just sauce and meat will be boring.

Yeah it's really easy. Just grate the raw cauliflower, if you need to squeeze the water out it, and fry. I did it in butter and it was yum.

Grated and sauteed zucchini or spaghetti squash (no need to grate) is also fantastic!

Tried the cauliflower rice w/ my spaghetti! Yummy!

Good to hear, I love it too! Every time I use cauliflower "rice" in a meal, my (non-primal) husband says "this is so much better than having it on rice/pasta... it has so much more flavor!" Maybe I'll turn him eventually...

ohhh, this reminds me I've been wanting to try making a big pot of dirty rice with cauliflower rice. I think I'll try it this weekend. Does cauliflower release a lot of water when it's being sauteed? I've only ever had it steamed.

I've made cauliflower rice before, it tasted much better than regular rice.
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

I really have enjoyed very thinly sliced cabbage as a spaghetti replacement. Just cook it until it is as tender as pasta. pile on the sauce with a couple meatballs and it even twirls around the fork properly.

I also like shiratke noodles http://www.oriental-marketplace.com/shirataki.jpg in place of pasta and I pulse them in the food processor to make them into "rice". Shiratake is made from konjac root fiber and has almost no carbs or calories (and is, of course, grain/gluten free).

They have a neutral flavor, so I rinse them and put them in salted water and cook for about 10 min. to give them a little flavor. They work great with meaty marinaras and also creamy sauces. They're also good in Asian noodle soups and dishes.

Shop Now
    I find cauliflower rice very messy-any tricks? worth it, though.
    I second the spaghetti squash-bit of a pain to get the seed out but also very good