Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coffee? page 2

jakejoh10 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I love coffee.

If you like it, drink it. If you don't, don't feel obligated to. It's your choice.
    My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I love coffee. Ways I like it:

Black
    French pressed, brewed, espresso
    with cream, whipped cream, half-and-half, or milk
    blended 3 egg yolks
    with butter and coconut oil and cocoa powder
    with powdered milk
    cold, instant, in whey protein powder
    chocolate covered espresso beans
    in ice cream
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Coffee appears to be good for some people and bad for others - which probably explains why there is so much mixed data on it.

If you find that coffee makes you jittery, stays in your system for a very long time, or tends to interrupt your sleep, then you may be a slow metabolizer of caffeine. If this is the case, drinking coffee is likely to lead to health risks.

People who are fast metabolizers of caffeine seem to get health benefits from drinking it.

I love, love, love coffee. But have known for a long time that i do better without it. My genetic testing showed that I am a slow metabolizer, so I keep it out of my diet except for decaf 1-2 times per week.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    I only drink the best coffee money can buy. I've found that I'm extremely sensitive to the caffeine in it (although surprisingly not the tea), and that it prevents me from getting a good sleep most of the time. I can only tolerate a drink per week, and that's only if I drink it at like 7am.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I am probably a slow metabolizer so I have my morning coffee with pleasure then avoid any more caffeine the rest of the day. Now and then I have decaf or half decaf to let the excess out.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

KatieCHI is offline Member
    I love coffee black, though that took some time to get used to when I first went primal. Sometimes I go out of my way to get raw cream from a local organic dairy. Wow yum. You have to buy it on the farm here (raw cream/milk illegal in stores), but it is worth the 20 minute trip every so often.

I also switched to decaf only recently. Caffeine makes me focus too much. If you do decaf, it seems to be worth your while to search for the water-decaffeinated instead of the chemical processed ones.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12