Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bovine Colostrum page

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member

Bovine Colostrum

Shop Now
    I've been reading on the web that this is a great anti-bacterial agent and excellent for gut health. Has anybody ever heard of it?

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    I had some friends who were into Goat Colostrum, I think. I know that Colostrum, goat or cow, is supposed to have factors similar to Human Growth Hormone in it, but I'm not sure what the exact deal is.

How's the back PJJ?

maba is offline Senior Member
    I don't know about the health benefits but cow colostrum is considered a delicacy in India.

Quote Originally Posted by maba View Post
    I don't know about the health benefits but cow colostrum is considered a delicacy in India.
    Maba- That's something I've been wondering, how would a Primal person fare in India? They'd probably burn me at the stake for all the grass fed beef I eat (but I could eat other critters.... while I was there).

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Colostrum is the very rich milk given for the first 2-3 days after birth. So I'd be thinking:

1 - What do I need that is so abundant in this "concentrated dairy"
    2 - What else is also abundant (lactose, casein...?)
    3 - What crap is being fed to the poor calf?

maba is offline Senior Member
    @DarthFriendly: Actually, many communities in India eat beef and pork. But the Hindus avoid beef and the Muslims avoid pork, so chicken, fish and goat or lamb are what are easily available in restaurants to appease all the groups and offend none. But I know some hole-in-the-wall places in my city that serve awesome beef kebabs *drool*. And traditional Indian cooking uses most parts of an animal, pretty primal huh? That said, going Primal in India would be slighly more difficlut than here because meat is rather expensive and unaffordable for many.

maba- Yeah, I was just thinking about this today. We have alot of "halal" food carts here in NYC, most serving chicken, and lamb, maybe some fish (and rice of course, always rice) and there's this one cart that I go to that's greek, and they have PORK! and as I wandered around my city I realized that there will never be peace in the mideast until those folks start eating pork... It just makes you happy.

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member
    I read that it was good for curing leaky gut and reduces inflammation in the body. It's also been known to be good for acne, and the lactose is really next to nothing in it supposedly. Not enough to make much of an impact... I just didn't know if anybody experienced some bad effects from it, I was considering getting it if it wasn't *too* expensive... I am trying to achieve PERFECT and healthy skin, and this seemed like a nice bet. :-)

Friendly Darth, today at my yoga class my instructor taught me how to tuck my abs in the RIGHT way to reduce spinal load, and we went through all of the poses CAREFULLY which all felt very good. Waiting tables still bothers it, but I think stretching my hamstrings everyday (they are SUPER tight and pulling on my back, evidently) and being MINDFUL is helping my situation. I think my worst bad habit is my newfound addiction to handstands. Talk about a spinal load! But thanks for asking. ;-)

Lovestoclimb is offline Senior Member
    I don't know about bovine colostrum but human colostrum would be better! :P
    I grok, therefore I am.

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovestoclimb View Post
    I don't know about bovine colostrum but human colostrum would be better! :P
    What has been seen cannot be unseen. Be wary of Youtube and Google, and friends who like sending you random "funnies". That's all I'm sayin'.......

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast