Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bovine Colostrum page 4

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Athanasey: That is not ridiculous at all. It actually was my biggest concern when I was researching into all this.... especially when I learned that if the calf does not get that colostrum, it will either die or will have to spend life on antibiotics (and will always be sickly). I'm not sure about other brands, but the guy behind Surthrival, Daniel Vitalis, is also very concerned about the calves' well-being. The small farmers (whom he has actually met) he has contracted with only take a certain portion. (And this is all third-party verified.) The cow produces quite a bit of the colostrum -- much more than the calf needs or takes -- and farmers actually end up throwing the excess out, as it is not milk. I'm not sure about other companies.

Glam: It's money well spent, I believe.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerLily View Post
    Athanasey: That is not ridiculous at all. It actually was my biggest concern when I was researching into all this.... especially when I learned that if the calf does not get that colostrum, it will either die or will have to spend life on antibiotics (and will always be sickly).

Glam: It's money well spent, I believe.
    100% agree. I have no issues spending money on my health if it means a long and healthy life around my kids.

Michaelswan is offline Junior Member
    Yeah you heard right, Bovine colostrum is a great anti bacterial agent and supportive to digestive health and a balanced intestinal environment. As you know bovine colostrum is the first “whole food” produced by all mammals for only the first few hours before and after birth (6 to be exact). Loaded with over 95 immune factors and 87 growth factors, Bovine (cow) Colostrum is Mother Nature’s “first whole food”. It is known to contain the following nonessential amino acids: Arginine, Cystine, Glutanic Acid, Alanine, Tyrosine, Glycine, Proline, Aspartic Acid, and Serine. Bovine colostrum contains growth factors which contribute to the stimulation of cells and tissues. You can try colostrum and colostrum made products for weight/inch loss, anti aging and fitness.

GaryWatson is offline Junior Member
    I know as much as you do, though I think that I have heard of something similar. Anyway was nice reading this thread

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    I just recently started taking this supplement called Immunolin, which was created to produce similar beneficial immune effects as colostrum, but since it's made from bovine blood, there are no allergy issues for people with dairy sensitivities. I think it's also supposed to be a bit cheaper. I just started taking it this week, so too soon to tell how effective it is.

In case you want to read more: Immunolin / Natural Immunolin Supplements / Immunolin immunoglobulin Supplements

Auray is offline Junior Member
    My father worked for a company that packaged bovine colostrum before he retired. He told me the owner of the company's wife had colitis and had good results treating it with colostrum, one of the reasons the guy got interested in it. He believed in it from personal experience. They also had good results with wound healing and were starting research in treating dementia with it. My dad is one of those Summa Cum Laude masters in science guys, and he has a good amount of respect for the company's people and product. He'd tell you to give it a try and there is a good possibility it will help. He never heard of any negatives.

Dad said they made most of their money marketing it in "energy" drinks in Asia, the vanity neutraceutical market. That paid the bills for the serious research.
    Hope you feel better soon!

Eddie57 is offline Junior Member

New Zealand Colostrum

Hi Glamorama,

I have all the symptoms of a leaky gut and wanted to start taking colostrum. What kind of results did you get from the product you mentioned. Thanks, Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by Glamorama View Post
    The one I have ordered is from pasture-fed cows from New Zealand, pure as anything, in powder-form. I read you should take it 30 min before meals, 3 times daily? 2 weeks is quick, I hope I have similar results. Do you think it would help with the KP on my arms too? Did you keep taking it after for general wellbeing?

CaliforniaGirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sammerb View Post
    Hey!

I was excited to see pb peeps talking about this! I've been taking colostrum for the past few months, with some pretty great results! Totally fixed up my gut, my skin looks amazing, never get sick, etc. I'm still on my first container, so I'm sure I'll notice more benefits as I continue my use.

Personally, I use Daniel Vitalis's "Surthrival" colostrum. It's THE BEST colostrum on the market as far as I'm concerned, unless of-course you live near a farm and can get it fresh.

Here's a great video talking all about colostrum, and it's benefits.

Part 1:
    Colostrum Part I, Episode #213 - YouTube

Part 2
    Colostrum Part 2, Episode #214 - YouTube

There's also a great audio on one radio network where Daniel talks about colostrum, wild foods, and medicinal mushrooms. I think you have to sign up (it's free) with one radio network to listen to the podcast.

http://www.oneradionetwork.com/healt..._201002011521/

You can purchase his product here:
    SurThrival Colostrum
    I just went on Surthival's website and this stuff costs between $50 and $174/month! Is it really necessary to spend this much? It seems like there must be cheaper brands.

tatertot is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie57 View Post
    Hi Glamorama,

I have all the symptoms of a leaky gut and wanted to start taking colostrum. What kind of results did you get from the product you mentioned. Thanks, Eddie
    I haven't seen glamorama around here in ages. My best advice is to go here and ask...

Eddie57 is offline Junior Member

Thanks!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks tatertot.

PS: I am not receiving email notifications when someone replies to my posts. I did set it up to receive notifications.

Quote Originally Posted by tatertot View Post
    I haven't seen glamorama around here in ages. My best advice is to go here and ask...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234