Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bovine Colostrum page 3

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I think I'm good on the vit A, zinc and D, but I just read that B5 in mega doses is excellent for the skin (oddly enough, I usually run deficient in that...) I just bought myself some today and plan to have about 5g of it a day. Excessive, but evidently it's necessary!

How much does colostrum cost???

hazyjane is offline Senior Member
    I used colostrum years ago when I had mysteriously swollen glands every few weeks and felt terribly run-down.
    My doc couldn't find any viral issues (doesn't mean I didn't have one, though!) and I tried a lot of different holistic remedies (I worked in supplement retail at the time) and colostrum was the only thing that broke the illness cycle for me. I also used it when healing leaky gut and really got good results.

If you get colostrum through vitacost.com, it's not too $$. I like Symbiotics brand: http://www.vitacost.com/Symbiotics-C...120-Capsules-1

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member
    Interesting... 12 bucks isn't bad... Did it do good things for your skin? That was my main intention with it... 12 bucks isn't bad... I am doing MEGA DOSES of B5, like 5g a day, to see what that does. Hmmmmm....

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    Does anyone know how long it takes to heal leaky gut with colostrum? I've been primal for 5 months, taking probiotics and glutathione daily, but my leaky gut is still rearing it's ugly head (it gave me food intolerances) so cleary I'm not healing. Bovine colostrum is my last resort to fix this once and for all.

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    I used bovine colostrum to heal my leaky gut (along with a certain probiotic my naturopath highly recommended). It happened very quickly. I would say just 2 weeks or so, judging solely by the lack of the homocysteine response I was having to eating practically anything. This was very high-grade stuff, though.... first milking from grass-fed cows (independently verified). Comes in a fluffy powder form reminescent of coffee creamer. You just take it by the spoonful, and it's delicious. The brand is called Surthrival, which is the bomb! Also, yes, I have noticed a difference in my skin. Highly recommend Surthrival's bovine colostrum, yes.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Quote Originally Posted by TigerLily View Post
    I used bovine colostrum to heal my leaky gut (along with a certain probiotic my naturopath highly recommended). It happened very quickly. I would say just 2 weeks or so, judging solely by the lack of the homocysteine response I was having to eating practically anything. This was very high-grade stuff, though.... first milking from grass-fed cows (independently verified). Comes in a fluffy powder form reminescent of coffee creamer. You just take it by the spoonful, and it's delicious. The brand is called Surthrival, which is the bomb! Also, yes, I have noticed a difference in my skin. Highly recommend Surthrival's bovine colostrum, yes.
    The one I have ordered is from pasture-fed cows from New Zealand, pure as anything, in powder-form. I read you should take it 30 min before meals, 3 times daily? 2 weeks is quick, I hope I have similar results. Do you think it would help with the KP on my arms too? Did you keep taking it after for general wellbeing?

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Yes, I continue to take it. I love it. I never really took it on any schedule -- just whenever I wanted some -- but you should follow the instructions. In the beginning, I was probably taking 5-6 big spoonfuls per day. (It's not possible to take too much.) You want to inquire whether your brand is first milking or not -- that's important.

I may not have been completely healed in 2 weeks per any laboratory result, but any homocysteine response (eyes watering, face getting red, runny nose) and any other way I could actually discern I even had leaky gut was totally gone in 2. I was pleasantly surprised by the speed.

I'm glad you're doing this!

I'm not sure about BC healing KP. I know people have had success with emu oil, amongst other things. Check the archives here.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

It's first feed, that's why it's fairly pricey!
    I have suffered allergies for 20 years now, all the symptoms you just listed, but my leaky gut has caused extreme upper abdominal pain, burning, diarrhea and nausea after eating almonds, cashews and kiwis. I really hope colostrum might help with my hay fever too. It's the only thing I'm still taking medication for. I'd rather not but I get so sick every spring. I feel like I've tried everything else so I hope this will do the trick. Did you ever take L-glutamine or glutathione as well? I have ordered probiotics with 5 strains too, I'm ready to beat this thing. I hear it's great for muscle-growth and recovery too, perfect for us who lift heavy!

Athanasey is offline Senior Member
    Okay this is probably going to sound ridiculous considering I eat meat and dairy but aren't you depriving the baby cows of the most important food source to set them on healthy, antibiotic free, grass fed life? Colostrum is only produced for such a short amount of time.

Human colostrum is pretty miraculous stuff to baby humans.
    Became Primal August 2011

SW - 84kg / 185lb
    CW - 60kg / 132lb
    GW - 60kg / 132lb

Quote Originally Posted by Athanasey View Post
    Okay this is probably going to sound ridiculous considering I eat meat and dairy but aren't you depriving the baby cows of the most important food source to set them on healthy, antibiotic free, grass fed life? Colostrum is only produced for such a short amount of time.

Human colostrum is pretty miraculous stuff to baby humans.
    Yeah probably?!! I don't know how it's done, maybe they let the calfs feed of half of the cows (like twins) while the other half of the cows get milked for their colostrum? I breastfeed all of my 3 kids, 2 of them being twins, so it's doable. Colostrum is magic stuff!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast