Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rice chex?

Hybrid View

Rice chex?

Does anyone know if rice chex is a paleo cereal? I'm 16 and would love to know if it is paleo as I need something quick to eat before I go school. Thanks in advance

Here is the ingredients list:

Rice, Rice Whole Grain, Sugar, Salt, Molasses, Vitamin E (Tocopherols Mixed (Vitamin E) and) , BHT To Preserve Freshness, Vitamins And Minerals :, Calcium Carbonate, Iron, Zinc, Sodium Ascorbate (Vitamin C) (Vitamin C) , Niacinamide (Vitamin aB), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (HCL) (Vitamin B6) , Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) (Vitamin B2) , Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B1) (Vitamin B1) , Vitamin A Palmitate, Folic Acid (Vitamin aB), Vitamin B12, Vitamin D3

It contains sugar, is highly processed and likely GMO. I would have to say no. It is gluten free but not everything that is gluten free is primal or paleo. Plus cereals are terrible to eat in the morning, they leave you hungry in five minutes. There are recipes for grain free cereals that would be better. You could also get some silicone backing cups and do grain free muffins or egg muffins that would be fast and would hold you over better. Hard boiled eggs, nuts, and some berries (fresh or dried) even jerky would be better than cereal.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster11 View Post
    Does anyone know if rice chex is a paleo cereal? I'm 16 and would love to know if it is paleo as I need something quick to eat before I go school. Thanks in advance
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalPumpkin View Post
    Here is the ingredients list:

Rice, Rice Whole Grain, Sugar, Salt, Molasses, Vitamin E (Tocopherols Mixed (Vitamin E) and) , BHT To Preserve Freshness, Vitamins And Minerals :, Calcium Carbonate, Iron, Zinc, Sodium Ascorbate (Vitamin C) (Vitamin C) , Niacinamide (Vitamin aB), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (HCL) (Vitamin B6) , Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) (Vitamin B2) , Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B1) (Vitamin B1) , Vitamin A Palmitate, Folic Acid (Vitamin aB), Vitamin B12, Vitamin D3
    From here: Calories in General Mills - Rice Chex | Nutrition and Health Facts (Use the "See more" tab for micro info)

It's got almost no protein, but I'm guessing you put some milk on it, so it would pick up a little there.

For the reasons PrimalPumpkin stated, it's probably not Primal. It's also not the most nutritious way to start the day. A couple of cans of sardines, or a few hardboiled eggs (hardboil ahead of time so that they're grab-and-eat foods) would probably be better. Leftovers from a primal supper.

As to butter being a processed food. LOL squared. And steak is a processed food because butchering is a process. So is cooking. There is a qualitative difference between separating fat from fluid, or muscle from bone, and what most people consider processed foods - those that have been ground, heated, treated with chemicals and preservatives, dyes, etc. to make artificial food type product. I guess unless you're eating your meat straight from a hanging cow - no, wait, killing is a process - so straight from a live cow, you're eating processed food. And if you like milk, better get under that goat and start sucking because milking is a process.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Paleo cereals include fasting and bulletproof coffee. Eating soggy mushy horse feed in oxidized reduced fat gummy bear fed milk is not conducive to health.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Markbt View Post
    bulletproof coffee
    I'd rather eat Rice Chex.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    I'd rather eat Rice Chex.
    More butter for me. I know which one makes my brain perform better.

For me, it's the rice chex and black coffee

And your mitochondria

Butter is not food. It is refined fat, the most fattening and one of the least nutritious substances on Earth. Just eat food.

Better options: eggs, sausage, potatoes, fruit, yogurt, meat, vegetables...virtually everything but grain flour and refined fat.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    Butter is not food. It is refined fat, the most fattening and one of the least nutritious substances on Earth. Just eat food.
    You know Choco, I'm still waiting on you to find that study that says that fat is the most "fattening" macronutrient. You preach it like it's religion, and maybe, just maybe, it's even true! But you have yet to provide a study demonstrating it.

I'm willing to learn from you, if you're willing to teach with citations and examples, and not just make statements that you haven't backed up.