Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 133

Thread: Rice chex? page 6

  1. #51
    Zach's Avatar
    Zach is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,869
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    It's important to note before people get moist over the thought of consuming tons of butter for vitamin k2, that the levels vary greatly, and it's mostly a rather poor choice for vitamin k2. Cows feeding on wheat grass, and alfalfa, or other vitamin k rice grass usually have highest amounts of k2(still not much, when you compare to cheeses like brie, and gouda) but it also depends on the soil. This means every batch of butter you're going to get is going to contain a random amount of k2, from poor to ok. And, yes, everything in that list is k2. It's from some WAP article, iirc.
    Of course its WAP. Sally Fallon baths in butter.

  2. #52
    Derpamix's Avatar
    Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,371
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Of course its WAP. Sally Fallon baths in butter.
    Do not want.

    I just remember he was the one who called k2 "activator X"
    nihil

  3. #53
    oxide's Avatar
    oxide is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    MD/VA/DC
    Posts
    1,312
    No, rice chex are not primal. And yes, it looks like another sugar war. All the usual suspects have arrived.

    To the OP: Rice Chex are not primal. Please go read the books, or at least read the information on this site, to find out what's primal. If you need something "quick" for breakfast, you'll have to make it the night before. My breakfast is a smoothie with berries and whey powder and two hard-boiled eggs. Both are transportable. But you're 16, you better be eating huge lunches and dinners with lots of high-quality meat, a little bit of butter, and a few veggies for variety and antioxidants.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

    MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

  4. #54
    Euphoric's Avatar
    Euphoric is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    He has said that it is practically impossible to eat so many carbs that they turn into fat, that it is almost physiologically impossible for carbs to be converted into fat if a person is not eating much fat, and he has said it dozens of times. Perhaps he is so carried away by his message that he has forgotten to communicate what he really means to say. I have looked and I have not seen him say what you are trying to say he has written.
    If I understand right, fat and glucose are burned at all times, but in different ratios. However, in a time of caloric surplus, with a substantial amount of carbohydrate, your body shifts into using higher amounts of glucose than fat, when without the surplus, it might have more fat than glucose. In cases like this, the fat which is making them need larger pants, but it was the caloric surplus that is keeping them from losing those in the first place anyway. From this, it can be skewed to say that it was the carbohydrate making people fat, but really, it was overconsumption that did it.

  5. #55
    ChocoTaco369's Avatar
    ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Narberth, PA
    Posts
    5,627
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    You know Choco, I'm still waiting on you to find that study that says that fat is the most "fattening" macronutrient. You preach it like it's religion, and maybe, just maybe, it's even true! But you have yet to provide a study demonstrating it.

    I'm willing to learn from you, if you're willing to teach with citations and examples, and not just make statements that you haven't backed up.
    Fat is directly stored. It is human physiology. I've explained it numerous times, and it is a fact. Please brush up on basic information.

    HowStuffWorks "How Fat Cells Work"

    How We Get Fat | BodyRecomposition - The Home of Lyle McDonald

    Fat is stored with 97.5% efficiency. If you want to get fat, eat lots of refined fats like butter and oil, and highly fattening foods like nuts, chocolate, cream and cheese.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

  6. #56
    Derpamix's Avatar
    Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,371
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    No, rice chex are not primal. And yes, it looks like another sugar war. All the usual suspects have arrived.

    To the OP: Rice Chex are not primal. Please go read the books, or at least read the information on this site, to find out what's primal. If you need something "quick" for breakfast, you'll have to make it the night before. My breakfast is a smoothie with berries and whey powder and two hard-boiled eggs. Both are transportable. But you're 16, you better be eating huge lunches and dinners with lots of high-quality meat, a little bit of butter, and a few veggies for variety and antioxidants.
    Rice chex isn't primal, but in your next paragraph, you're eating a whey protein smoothie? GG NO RE
    nihil

  7. #57
    Neckhammer's Avatar
    Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,810
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    Fat is directly stored. It is human physiology. I've explained it numerous times, and it is a fact. Please brush up on basic information.

    HowStuffWorks "How Fat Cells Work"

    How We Get Fat | BodyRecomposition - The Home of Lyle McDonald

    Fat is stored with 97.5% efficiency. If you want to get fat, eat lots of refined fats like butter and oil, and highly fattening foods like nuts, chocolate, cream and cheese.
    This is quite akin to the concept that consistently spiking your insulin with carbs will make it completely impossible to lose fat since insulin shuts down lipolysis.

    While the latter part of that is fact... that does not automatically make the former fact.

    If you can't see that you have made the very same mistake in your assertions on fat then you really are lost.

    Both those proclamations sound good if you know "just a little" biochem/physiology, but neither pan out in human trials. Now that is a fact.

    And to wrap it up...efficiency is a good thing. Preservation of resources, metabolic and otherwise is good. It also tend to reduce oxidative stress.
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 09-08-2013 at 08:36 AM.

  8. #58
    Neckhammer's Avatar
    Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,810
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Of course its WAP. Sally Fallon baths in butter.
    Wait I though Peat was pro- butter/saturated fat right? Or is he just pro-saturated as a very small portion of your diet so not really pro butter.

  9. #59
    Derpamix's Avatar
    Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,371
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Wait I though Peat was pro- butter/saturated fat right? Or is he just pro-saturated as a very small portion of your diet so not really pro butter.
    He likes butter. He never gives recommendations on fat intake, just that it should all be saturated, but, in order to do this, he himself keeps fat intake low.

    For the most part, supplemental, saturated fat helps insulin sensitivity and oxidization of glucose.
    nihil

  10. #60
    Neckhammer's Avatar
    Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,810
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Crap, here we go again.

    OP just eat the butter,peanutbutter, chocolate chip chex balls

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •