Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Rice chex? page 2

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Markbt View Post
    More butter for me. I know which one makes my brain perform better.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    And your mitochondria

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Rice chex are empty calories and pure carbs. They will not keep you full from breakfast until lunch. If you insist on having rice chex, you should have them with a 4 egg omelet.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Rice (chex) isn't primal or paleo, but it isn't that harmful either... Especially if you aren't trying to lose weight.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    This is a 16 yo boy who has been limiting his food/macro intake already (unless I am mixing him up with another teen), so lets not suggest BP coffee or IF. I don't believe either are helpful to him.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Markbt View Post
    More butter for me. I know which one makes my brain perform better.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    Butter is not food. It is refined fat, the most fattening and one of the least nutritious substances on Earth. Just eat food.

Better options: eggs, sausage, potatoes, fruit, yogurt, meat, vegetables...virtually everything but grain flour and refined fat.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    Butter is not food. It is refined fat, the most fattening and one of the least nutritious substances on Earth. Just eat food.
    You know Choco, I'm still waiting on you to find that study that says that fat is the most "fattening" macronutrient. You preach it like it's religion, and maybe, just maybe, it's even true! But you have yet to provide a study demonstrating it.

I'm willing to learn from you, if you're willing to teach with citations and examples, and not just make statements that you haven't backed up.

Timthetaco Guest
    Cinnamon Rice Chex taste exactly like Cinnamon Toast Crunch, and they don't have gluten. Not paleo, but you could do worse.

Or you could just eat some butter, because it's better for your mitochondria, apparently. The shit you learn here.

Blacksmith is offline Senior Member
    But does it help your midi-chlorians?
    I find your lack of bacon disturbing.

Well or you could melt butter, add cocoa and chex mix and stick in the fridge for breakfast balls.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    You know Choco, I'm still waiting on you to find that study that says that fat is the most "fattening" macronutrient. You preach it like it's religion, and maybe, just maybe, it's even true! But you have yet to provide a study demonstrating it.

I'm willing to learn from you, if you're willing to teach with citations and examples, and not just make statements that you haven't backed up.
    You shall be waiting a long time I'm afraid. Tough to produce something that doesn't exist. On the other hand, if you say something enough times that just automatically makes it true right? Isn't that how commercials work?

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast