Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ouch.....it hurts when you fall off the wagon. page

Soulrunner is offline Member

Ouch.....it hurts when you fall off the wagon.

Shop Now
    Had a terrible weekend of eating, I ate about 12 slices of white bread, WHITE BREAD! Vodka was also on the menu plus the sugary mixer that went with it. I can feel the weight on me already! Not to mention the yuck feeling in my stomach. It's been 3 months and I have had no cravings for any of that until this weekend. Time to reset.

Anyone else have a speed wobble this weekend?
    Go sell crazy somewhere else.........we're all stocked up here.

jodi29 is offline Member
    Well, at the moment, I'm trying to prevent a massive failure from happening. I've eaten primal all day but we are staying at a friend's cabin and there will be drinking. I bought some white wine for myself and dinner is going to be burgers - but not grassfed beef. I suppose it's okay.

Quote Originally Posted by jodi29 View Post
    Well, at the moment, I'm trying to prevent a massive failure from happening. I've eaten primal all day but we are staying at a friend's cabin and there will be drinking. I bought some white wine for myself and dinner is going to be burgers - but not grassfed beef. I suppose it's okay.
    Tricky situation I see, can be difficult, precede with caution. Take plenty of primal type snacks, that might help.

Have a lovely time, sounds fun.

Annieh is online now Senior Member
    Don't worry about it, just go back to your great primal lifestyle and you'll be right.

Katharina is offline Member
    I went absolutely crazy this weekend aswell. I ate a bag of chips with a bowl of dip, about 500 gram of milk chocolate (yup, that happened), spareribs with sugar-laden bbq sauce. I've been sick, and I just gave up for a few days. Probably why I'm still sick on day nr 4 lol. I also had loads of cola and mountain dew.

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Maybe it's time to redesign your wagon, so the urge to fall off goes away.

Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    Maybe it's time to redesign your wagon, so the urge to fall off goes away.
    This is what I suspect happened.....I got lazy! No family to cook for all week, working and lack of stores in the pantry. I didn't have a balanced eating week so when it came to the weekend I was ready to binge on the rubbish.
    Jumped on the wagon and turned it around yesterday, exercise and good food were on the menu.

Glass0wl is offline Member
    Had an off wagon day for the first time this year. We went to the coast with friends, lunch was battered cod, but didn't have any chips, followed by ice cream (two scoops), followed by a Dorset cream tea!

Oh well back on wagon tomorrow!

jodi29 is offline Member
    Saw this this morning and thought it was great.

"Hey, you remember that dessert you "shouldn't have eaten last night" or or that piece of bread "you KNOW will go straight to your thighs" or that second drink you had, but "you will regret tomorrow"?

Yeah, you remember....NOW forget about it, move on, nothing to see (or dwell on) here.

Don't replay a "not so ideal" eating choice over and over again in your mind.
    Don't try to use regret or guilt as motivation.
    Don't dwell. Your past is done! The time is NOW! The only food choice that matters, is your next one, the only one you have complete control of.

Remember your long-term health and weight loss goals, think about your way of eating values, and don't bother about damage control.

YOUR purpose and reasons for creating a sustainable way of eating should always be remembered, even in times of "falling off the wagon."

You will NOT self-sabotage your goals and/or values with one poor choice.

You will GROW and become STRONGER from using every choice as an opportunity to become healthier." -- The Cafe Wellness

Excellent.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast