Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ouch.....it hurts when you fall off the wagon. page 2

randomcapitals is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Don't mean to hijack your thread soulrunner but after the weekend I just had I really need to see this. I feel a bit better knowing there are others out there struggling too. Jodi thanks for your post. I'm taking every word of it to heart. Particularly the bit about self sabotage. Why do I do that? Every time things are going well, there I am mucking it up for myself, when I know better.
    Hope everyone gets over their hurdles okay and is back on track soon.

Tara ATX is offline Junior Member
    I had nearly 6 months "off the wagon" after 3 years. I knew exactly what I was doing, justified my behavior from one day to the next, berated myself, felt guilt and then sought out more comfort food (aka-crap). I was the queen of self sabotage. But, I made my mess and I had to clean up my mess again, as well. I totally appreciate jodi29's post, because the best way for me to "re-set" was to stop with the guilt and realize it's never to late to start again. Don't be too hard on yourself...it was just 1 weekend in the rest of your life. Today's always a new day

fillyone is offline Senior Member
    Whole30 starts tomorrow, I need a serious reset!!!
    Barb - Portland, Oregon

"Everything is as it should be given what has gone before. This is not an excuse but it is a reason"
    ~ Dr G & Barb ~

APPLEGIRL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fillyone View Post
    Whole30 starts tomorrow, I need a serious reset!!!
    I'm on day 28 of my Whole 30. Needed the reset, also. The problem with going off healthy eating is that we know it can easily become addictive, and a downward spiral. It's hard for me, personally to ease back into healthy without some structure. I'm easily the person who can let one slice of good crusty bread, turn into an entire loaf. If I don't have the first slice, I really don't miss it, and don't generally crave it, but once it's passed my lips, watch out!

Doing a Whole 30, or even a Whole 7 can be very helpful.

As everyone says, just move forward!

Soulrunner is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by randomcapitals View Post
    Don't mean to hijack your thread soulrunner but after the weekend I just had I really need to see this. I feel a bit better knowing there are others out there struggling too. Jodi thanks for your post. I'm taking every word of it to heart. Particularly the bit about self sabotage. Why do I do that? Every time things are going well, there I am mucking it up for myself, when I know better.
    Hope everyone gets over their hurdles okay and is back on track soon.
    Hey, no worries, hijack away. It's good to just tell people who understand. I'm pleased that it has helped you.
    I'm back on the wagon and feel better already. I think my body has forgiven me now.
    Go sell crazy somewhere else.........we're all stocked up here.

randomcapitals is offline Senior Member
    Thanks soulrunner, glad to hear you're feeling better.
    I am determined to learn from tara's example. It will only be that one weekend, I will not let it spin out of control. Taking back control and responsibility.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12