Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quinoa page 2

erinmck12 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by cerebelumsdayoff View Post
    Its probably no better than general mills posting that cocoa puffs are a part of a complete breakfast because they are low fat and are enriched with artificial nutrients.
    Haha. Ok, that was funny and I *get* it now. Thanks!

supersellen is offline Senior Member
    Quinoa can be found in bulk at most health food stores, Whole Foods, etc. That is definitely the cheapest option, I ate quite a bit of it before going grain free. I always enjoyed it as a breakfast porridge or cold salad

Pessimist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by supersellen View Post
    I always enjoyed it as a breakfast porridge or cold salad
    Ohh ya, I loved it in the mornings with my soy milk and nuts and stuffs. Huh, I had forgotten I used to eat that. I guess bacon makes you forget that other breakfasts exist.

I would buy it in bulk and/or health food stores. At the grocery store they were trying to sell it for $10 for a tiny bag! The 'bulk barn' sold it for .99 cents a pound.
    The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being proven right or pleasantly surprised.

Bowa41 is offline Junior Member
    It looks like Mark isn't completely opposed to Quinoa, as it's listed as one of the 10 best protein sources: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/top-ten-protein-sources/
    Here's the big article on it which I think is less friendly towards it: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/alter...grains-quinoa/

It looks like it has a comparable GL load and carb count to a sweet potato, for what it's worth.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12