Page 1 of 84 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you Peat today? page

YogaBare is offline Senior Member

Cool What did you Peat today?

One of the main questions people ask when they first start eating Peat is for examples of daily menus. The Ray Peat thread is getting huge, and so the answers are being lost in all the other stuff we talk about.

So, this thread is specifically for posting your daily menus, and for getting advice on what you're eating. Enjoy!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

j3nn is online now Senior Member
    I bought half a cow yesterday. Ok, not quite but I did buy 10 lbs. of Australian grass-fed beef tenderloin, 10 quarts of grass-fed + pastured beef and chicken stock (fat skimmed), 1 lb. grass-fed flat iron steak, 1 lb. grass-fed denver steak, 1 lb. sirloin tenderloin, 4 lbs. grass-fed ground beef, 3 lb. grass-fed eye of round roast.

Freezer is well-stocked for a while O_O

Also bought: 12 cans clams, Wild Planet canned tuna, concord grapes, bananas, masa harina, Florida oranges, plantains, cantaloupes, Green & Blacks 85% chocolate, Eastern white potatoes, Japanese sweet potatoes, corn tortillas, fresh parsley, scallions, and cilantro.

Online I ordered Honest potato chips cooked in coconut oil.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

LOL.

Oh J3nn, you wished for recipes, so here's one (I stole from the Ray Peat forum )

PANEER

This is very easy and very Peat. Paneer is milk without the whey. Nutritionally it's got about seven grams of protein and a lot less tryptophan. (Milk protein is about 2,3% tryptophan, paneer protein is just 1%).

It can also be a cheese protein substitute but without the enzymes and ageing.

Boil milk, add lemon, wait for it to curdle, drain and press it. You can add salt or sugar, dust it in potato starch and fry it, eat it with honey, etc.

Instructions cadged from the internet below:

How to Make Paneer (Indian Cheese): 7 Steps (with Pictures)
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

j3nn is online now Senior Member
    I love paneer.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Zach is offline Banned
    I dont need recipies or big meals anymore. In fact the only time i do eat simethin like that it is definitely not Peat approved. Right now for fat loss, my days look almost the same.

An hour after waking up, litre~ of juice. (oj, cranberry, apple, pineapple, grape) added sugar.
    Until around 1pm. Half coffee, half skim milk. Added sugar, gelatin, dry milk, coconut oil, salt. About 32oz total.
    2pm - 7pm. I will have solid foods here. Usually a meal of cheese and dried fruit. 3-8oz cheese, .5-1lb fruit. (Soft chedder, hard chedder, gouda, mozzarella)(dates, mango, pineapple, raisons). Another meal will be just fruit, usually grapes, plums, mango, oranges. Also probably another 32oz juice.
    Around 9pm, last calories. 16oz skim milk with added sugar, gelatin, salt, dry milk.

3 days a week i will have 1 tin oysters with my coffee. An alternate 3 days i will have some meat, usually beef. Whenever i feel like it i will have pizza, burgers, ice cream or whatever. Several nights a week i will have some alcohol, german beer or gin.

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    I dont need recipies or big meals anymore. In fact the only time i do eat simethin like that it is definitely not Peat approved. Right now for fat loss, my days look almost the same.

An hour after waking up, litre~ of juice. (oj, cranberry, apple, pineapple, grape) added sugar.
    Until around 1pm. Half coffee, half skim milk. Added sugar, gelatin, dry milk, coconut oil, salt. About 32oz total.
    2pm - 7pm. I will have solid foods here. Usually a meal of cheese and dried fruit. 3-8oz cheese, .5-1lb fruit. (Soft chedder, hard chedder, gouda, mozzarella)(dates, mango, pineapple, raisons). Another meal will be just fruit, usually grapes, plums, mango, oranges. Also probably another 32oz juice.
    Around 9pm, last calories. 16oz skim milk with added sugar, gelatin, salt, dry milk.

3 days a week i will have 1 tin oysters with my coffee. An alternate 3 days i will have some meat, usually beef. Whenever i feel like it i will have pizza, burgers, ice cream or whatever. Several nights a week i will have some alcohol, german beer or gin.
    Wow, I guess I'm more Peat already than I knew. Minus the coffee this is how I eat when I don't want to cook. I could live off nothing but dairy and fruit. It sounds like maybe I should Plus honey in my yogurt and tea and some extra gelatin...I often eat starches but that takes effort and planning and I would have an easier time without it for a bit. At least while the weather is still nice.

Quote Originally Posted by PaleoMom View Post
    Wow, I guess I'm more Peat already than I knew. Minus the coffee this is how I eat when I don't want to cook. I could live off nothing but dairy and fruit. It sounds like maybe I should Plus honey in my yogurt and tea and some extra gelatin...I often eat starches but that takes effort and planning and I would have an easier time without it for a bit. At least while the weather is still nice.
    Except that yogurt is the only dairy that Peat doesn't approve of...

----

For me, I find that I eat the same food all day for one day, then it changes. Cottage cheese, coffee and gelatine are consistent, but apart from that there's variety.

Eg. Today - cottage cheese and water melon day

8am - 600gs cottage cheese
    11am - coffee w/milk and gelatine, orange and mango juice
    2pm - watermelon; green tea jello; 1 plum
    4pm - green tea jello, coffee w/milk and gelatine
    6pm - watermelon, 1.2 kg cottage cheese (!!!) w/ maple syrup.

(Eating that amount of cottage cheese isn't a regular occurrence... I frequently have 600gs, but 1.8kgs in a day is... excessive! But still, that was all I wanted to eat, so that's what I ate!)

Eg. yesterday was an oyster and plum day:

8am - 300gs cottage cheese, coffee with gelatine and milk
    10.30am - Orange and carrot juice
    1pm - 65 gs oysters, 3 plums
    3pm - coffee with gelatine and milk
    7pm - 65 gs oysters, 3 plums, decaf tea w/milk and sugar.
    10pm - 300gs cottage w/ maple syrup; hot milk w/gelatine and sugar.

Day before that - mussles and galia melon

4am: 300gs cottage cheese and 1 galia melon
    8am. OJ; coffee w/milk+gelatine.
    1.30: mussles with lemon juice.
    5.30: mussles, prawns, calamari with orange.
    6.30 - 1 galia melon.
    10.30pm - milk with gelatine and sugar

I'm trying to eat smaller meals more frequently, and have my last meal right before bed, but it doesn't always happen (like today for e.g..)

Very hard to gage calories, and I don't bother too much. I add maple syrup liberally and don't have a clue how much fruit I'm eating. I'm estimating today was about 1,900 cals.
    Last edited by YogaBare; 09-07-2013 at 02:06 PM.

- Ray Peat

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PaleoMom View Post
    I find it extremely effective for fat loss with no energy crashes. Also when im consistent i really have had no cravings for anything else, which is weird because i eat for the love of eating.

lorichka6 is offline Senior Member
    Today is the first day in about a month that I ate both BF and lunch with NO pain Happy dance. Now to figure out why...

5:30 AM - 2 tbsp raw ACV with 32 oz water
    6 AM - 2 10 oz coffees with 1% milk and tsp of sugar and a pack of gelatin between the two
    9 AM - 16oz 1%CC, 20 grams of raisins, ~1 tbsp maple syrup with some cinnamon sprinkled on
    1 PM - 2 small apples (peeled) with ~2 tbsp honey, 16 oz grapes
    Dinner - ...?

I was wondering if meat + fruit was the problem. This may have been the first lunch with no animal/fish protein involved in a long time... will tinker with this a little more and see if it wasn't just a one time occurrence - but a pain-free afternoon is a great change!

Only lasted until 4 PM... Then gut got unhappy. Sigh.

7 PM - bowl of grapes, 4 rice cakes, 2 tbsp honey, 3 string cheeses, 1 cup ice cream

Tomorrow I'm going to try milk. Really cold milk. Maybe with some gelatin, sugar and vanilla. So I can cut back on the ice cream
    Last edited by lorichka6; 09-07-2013 at 05:44 PM.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by lorichka6 View Post
    Today is the first day in about a month that I ate both BF and lunch with NO pain Happy dance. Now to figure out why...

5:30 AM - 2 tbsp raw ACV with 32 oz water
    6 AM - 2 10 oz coffees with 1% milk and tsp of sugar and a pack of gelatin between the two
    9 AM - 16oz 1%CC, 20 grams of raisins, ~1 tbsp maple syrup with some cinnamon sprinkled on
    1 PM - 2 small apples (peeled) with ~2 tbsp honey, 16 oz grapes
    Dinner - ...?

I was wondering if meat + fruit was the problem. This may have been the first lunch with no animal/fish protein involved in a long time... will tinker with this a little more and see if it wasn't just a one time occurrence - but a pain-free afternoon is a great change!
    Maybe your body is adjusting to the higher fruit intake now. It took me a couple of weeks as well!

Also Lori, why only one envelope of gelatine between two coffees? Are you trying to save on calories?

- Ray Peat

Page 1 of 84 1231151 ... LastLast