Page 82 of 83 FirstFirst ... 327280818283 LastLast

Thread: What did you Peat today? page 82

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member

What did you Peat today?

Shop Now
    Coffee. Drink of life. My choice of drug as a law student lol.

Ps going to start making hot chocolate coffees (mocha- esque) now that NYC is freezing my ass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotmail View Post
    Please do google Aspirin and kidney damage, its not a joke, the advise of taking an aspirin a day is very very old and now proven wrong... I know from personal experience a relative took an aspirin a day and damaged both his kidneys. Am not saying this to scare you off, do the research yourself and decide if its worth it.
    I am doing some searching, but unable to find much information on the effects of aspirin on kidneys. I'm finding more on ibuprofen and acetaminophen, which are not the same thing.

TqP, do you have any info on what ratio Vit K & aspirin should be taken? I'm taking Vit K with my Vit D every day. Thorne Research - Vitamin D / K2 Liquid - KD500 I guess I'm only taking .5 mg currently, since I was taking 5 drops of it (which is 2500 IU of D, I must have misread the label because I meant to take 5000 IU).

Peat has his own reasons for taking aspirin, and it's not the "age old" stuff like keeping heart disease at bay. Ray Peat, PhD on Aspirin – Functional Performance Systems (FPS)

Huh, I guess my supplementing Vit E is a Peat concept too, though I didn't realize it. http://www.raypeatforum.com/forum/vi...vitamin+e#p896 Looks like it is really good for estrogen dominance.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Nameless- derp is at work but he will answer the aspirin questions later today.

------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Hotmail is online now Senior Member
    When I google Aspirin and Kidney damage I find a lot of links and research papers.
    But hey, if you believe it wont harm you then you must do what's best for you.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    When I have experimented with a gram of aspirin I have still not used it every day yet! From the peat forum I read that the members seem to take between 1 and 7 gram on a daily basis. Yep, there may be side effect such as stomach ulcers or kidney problems, but Ray Peat appears to have reasons to recommend as high dosage as 2,5 gram daily...

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotmail View Post
    When I google Aspirin and Kidney damage I find a lot of links and research papers.
    But hey, if you believe it wont harm you then you must do what's best for you.
    this is because aspirin could reduce renal blood and impair renals because of its inhibition of COX2, which supports renal perfusion. it's mostly seen in elderly with already established renal disease. this is where vitamin k, and potassium and sodium balance come in. given that, aspirin also binds weakly to COX2, and has to compete with arachidonic acid for conversion, and because the cyclooxygenase active site is very large in COX2, aspirin doesn't fit well so the trans-acetylation at COX2 is reduced. its selective inhibition of inflammatory secretions of prostacyclins is why aspirin is recommended.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Derp- English for us dumb people plz kthxbai.

------

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I am doing some searching, but unable to find much information on the effects of aspirin on kidneys. I'm finding more on ibuprofen and acetaminophen, which are not the same thing.

TqP, do you have any info on what ratio Vit K & aspirin should be taken? I'm taking Vit K with my Vit D every day. Thorne Research - Vitamin D / K2 Liquid - KD500 I guess I'm only taking .5 mg currently, since I was taking 5 drops of it (which is 2500 IU of D, I must have misread the label because I meant to take 5000 IU).

Peat has his own reasons for taking aspirin, and it's not the "age old" stuff like keeping heart disease at bay. Ray Peat, PhD on Aspirin – Functional Performance Systems (FPS)

Huh, I guess my supplementing Vit E is a Peat concept too, though I didn't realize it. http://www.raypeatforum.com/forum/vi...vitamin+e#p896 Looks like it is really good for estrogen dominance.
    Vitamin K & Aspirin - Ray Peat Q&A
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

What did you Peat today?

Tl;dr version of derp's highly technical explanation: kidney damage only applicable to people with shitty electrolyte balances/existing damages/poor diets, aspirin also helps deal with negative effects of PUFA, etc.

Last edited by turquoisepassion; 11-14-2013 at 09:20 AM.
    ------

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    ^Haha, yeah that's what I gathered. Though I did find some conflicting studies that said that aspirin actually outweighed any negative effects in people with existing renal (kidney) damage. All old people studies.

Thanks for the link, Derp. Maybe I will try aspirin for a bit soon and see how it makes me feel.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Page 82 of 83 FirstFirst ... 327280818283 LastLast