Page 75 of 84 FirstFirst ... 25657374757677 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you Peat today? page 75

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Peat definitely, I think the most important thing to reintroduce is sugar; in the form of fruits if you can handle it but if not the pure white stuff could be what you need. Peat talks about using pure sucrose 'in an emergency' if you are allergic to unprocessed forms of sugar as the most important thing is increasing cellular metabolism.
    I'm increasing my fruit; today I had apples cooked (didn't feel like having it raw) cooked in coconut oil with dates and cinnamon, also had OJ and grapes. For me that is a lot more fruit than I normally have. In a couple of days I'm going to reintroduce sugar. I've never been that into fruit or sweets so it's kind of funny that that's what I need to ramp up my metabolism.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

max219 is offline Senior Member
    I'm not Peat enough to kick you off, you might have to check with the others

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    I'm increasing my fruit; today I had apples cooked (didn't feel like having it raw) cooked in coconut oil with dates and cinnamon, also had OJ and grapes. For me that is a lot more fruit than I normally have. In a couple of days I'm going to reintroduce sugar. I've never been that into fruit or sweets so it's kind of funny that that's what I need to ramp up my metabolism.
    Apples are easier on the digestion if they're cooked anyway. Everything else looks good. I'll be very interested to see how things go for you making the transition.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    That looks good already
    nihil

Thanks for the encouragement Em and Derp.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    I have a confession... I still eat a tbsp of natural Jif here and there. Nothing like 3lbs of pb in a month like I used to though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Just one tbsp? Pfft. I still eat PB when I want it. Not often, but nothing is off limits forever if I really like it. I buy PB & Co. White Chocolate Wonderful and Skippy Natural w/ palm oil in it. PB + gelatin marshmallow fluff? hehe
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member

What did you Peat today?

I just like pb by itself... Old habits die hard. I was poor in college and ate many meals of oatmeal cooked in water mixed with pb.

My favorite "healthy meal" was milk + whole wheat bread + pb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

sabrina90 is offline Senior Member
    Had veggies sautéed in coconut oil for the first time in a week or so because there was some broccoli, cauliflower and Brussels sprouts in the fridge I really need to finish off. I felt TERRIBLE afterwards. Tmi- so much flatulence, it was awful. I used to eat a giant ass plate of cooked veggies every single night and then would wonder why I felt so bloated. The anti-veggies thing was what turned me off peat a bit at first but now I think I get it...But I still have more veggies to finish off

I made the Lemon Gummy Squares, it turned out pretty good. I didn't have quite enough lemon so it's a little plain, but still tasty. It was the first sugar for me in over a month.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Alright, alright. So the full-fat dairy - as predicted - might be too much! But only slightly. At worst, the added calories have skewed my ratios, and my appetite for protein has been reduced. Ate a small bucket of yogurt when I got home. Tonight, when I woke up, I only had 6 eggs, two potatoes, three carrots, and an onion, and a little cheese, like three bites. And 1/2 cup of blueberries. Washed it down with kombucha.

I can't be sure at this point whether it's genuinely still muscle glycogen replenishment or swelling or actual growth, but I am gaining size, and not badly. Probably the adequate protein with excess carb and fat combo.

So, thank peat for the extra sugar in my yogurt! And I'll probably look at reducing the fat somewhere in the near future, if my " gaining" turns into " gaining".

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Page 75 of 84 FirstFirst ... 25657374757677 ... LastLast