Thread: What did you Peat today? page 74

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member

What did you Peat today?

Primal Fuel
    So today is a weird day of food for me:
    -bits of fatty neckbone beef (maybe 6-8oz) in bone broth
    -2x light coconut milk in cold brew coffee with cinnamon
    -some watermelon (1-2 cups)
    -chocolate milk with 1/2 quart grassfed whole milk, cacao nibs, raw cacao, vanilla extract, simple syrup (sugar boiled in water boiled down to syrup... Good way to add sugar to cold liquids), instant espresso, gelatin.

Post workout:
    -oj + frozen watermelon + egg white protein slushie
    -pineapple with coconut custard
    -last of the pumpkin flan & mango custard (I have a bit left over of each from making the how-to vids)

So much sweets today...
    Oh and I don't react to the grassfed milk with added vit D. So I don't know why I was bloated from regular organic milk but whatever. I will buy 1-2 quarts of this grassfed local dairy (not raw & lightly homogenized) every week. Not going to go crazy on dairy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Last edited by turquoisepassion; 10-26-2013 at 11:04 AM.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

moluv is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    Thanks, Moluv, I thought egg yolk might be a good one to start with.

AI protocol is basic paleo and no eggs, nuts, dairy, coffee/tea, alcohol, sweeteners or nightshades.
    Have you eliminated/re-introed any of the above listed before? Do you suspect you are genuinely sensitive to any of the above? From a Peat metabolic perspective, order of importance to reintro, I believe, would be sweeteners, dairy, coffee, egg yolk, then the nightshades you actually like and miss, with nuts remaining off limits just because, screw nuts- total trash food IMO.

I have a confession... I still eat a tbsp of natural Jif here and there. Nothing like 3lbs of pb in a month like I used to though.

------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by moluv View Post
    Have you eliminated/re-introed any of the above listed before? Do you suspect you are genuinely sensitive to any of the above? From a Peat metabolic perspective, order of importance to reintro, I believe, would be sweeteners, dairy, coffee, egg yolk, then the nightshades you actually like and miss, with nuts remaining off limits just because, screw nuts- total trash food IMO.
    I've had 2 egg yolks in the last 2 days, so far I haven't noticed a reaction. Of the list I'm pretty sure I'm allergic to peppers, not sure about the other nightshades. I know this because I made Hubby some fermented hot sauce (along the lines of Tabasco), at the end of a week you strain it and even wearing a surgical mask didn't help. I started sneezing and my eyes watered like crazy. Hubby came to the rescue and finished, he had no problem even w/o a mask.

The next thing I'm going to reintroduce is sugar. According to the AI protocol you're supposed to wait a couple of days between reintroducing foods.

I'm thinking of combining what I know from Chinese medicine for my condition, along with the Peat stuff, there is a lot of overlap. No raw veggies ( I'll keep the carrot), no cold food ( I'll have my OJ at room temp) and add ginger to foods. I was eating a fair amount of salad and I think that's not that good for me.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

moluv is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I haven't eaten a veggie in weeks. Maybe a carrot or two, of course trots and tubers and some veggie fruits (tomato, sweet pickle) but no salads, no leafy greens. I did have a few leaves of romaine and celery in a fruit smoothie and that was fine, but not even my idea. Don't miss veggies at all!

max219 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by moluv View Post
    Yeah, I haven't eaten a veggie in weeks. Maybe a carrot or two, of course trots and tubers and some veggie fruits (tomato, sweet pickle) but no salads, no leafy greens. I did have a few leaves of romaine and celery in a fruit smoothie and that was fine, but not even my idea. Don't miss veggies at all!

Seriously I can't believe I used to shovel all that plain salad and brussel sprouts down my mouth.

max219 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    I have a confession... I still eat a tbsp of natural Jif here and there. Nothing like 3lbs of pb in a month like I used to though.
    How could you!?!?!??!

Quote Originally Posted by max219 View Post
    How could you!?!?!??!
    ;(

Am I kicked off the cool kids' table?

------

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    Em, do you mean stick with the autoimmune protocol or the Peat additions?
    Peat definitely, I think the most important thing to reintroduce is sugar; in the form of fruits if you can handle it but if not the pure white stuff could be what you need. Peat talks about using pure sucrose 'in an emergency' if you are allergic to unprocessed forms of sugar as the most important thing is increasing cellular metabolism.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Seriously I can't believe I used to shovel all that plain salad and brussel sprouts down my mouth.
    i was fossicking around the fridge last week and i saw a bag with green ball-like things in it. i thought woohoo!!!!!!! grapes until i realised it was brussel sprouts LOL trying to lower the amount of milk in my coffee and add molasses. i trained myself for years to not have sugar in my coffee by adding cream and this has only been in the last 5 or so years. maybe more. so this is the reverse. i am still sure my hair is getting less greys at the sides so i need to continue the molasses experiment.

Page 74 of 84 FirstFirst ... 24647273747576 ... LastLast