Page 73 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you Peat today? page 73

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Sugar might be good too then... It's fairly benign.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

moluv is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    Sugar might be good too then... It's fairly benign.

Yeah, maybe you should reintro LEMON CURD

mmmmmmmmmmmm

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by moluv View Post
    Yeah, maybe you should reintro LEMON CURD

mmmmmmmmmmmm
    Now you are talking, that is just about my favorite! I'm glad to hear you two confirming what I'd been wanting, sugar of course!
    There's a recipe I got from Derp's journal a while back that I've been wanting to try :
    Episode 191 - Lemon Gummy Squares - Healthy Living - YouTube

Sugar or eggs? Sugar would be more fun, that's for sure. From I've read the way to reintroduce a food is to have a little twice a day for 2 days and monitor reactions.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

That gummy recipe is great, best one I've seen for sure. I tried a few other methods early on and was disappointed. I've made 4 or 5 batches since I started using the recipe in that video (well, almost the same, I do use honey in them sometimes), all have turned out much better.

Only minor problem I seem to have is with too much foam on the top sometimes, which makes a weird sort of extra-rubbery layer if it gets too thick. Not sure what causes it, it doesn't always happen when I make them.
    Last edited by TheChokingGame; 10-25-2013 at 08:49 PM.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    I am considering increasing Peat additions to my diet; I already have bone broth daily and have added gelatin (about 2-3 T daily) and started drinking some OJ, about 12 oz, at the most. For the past month I've been on the autoimmune protocol in attempt to deal with my Hashimoto's and chronic allergies. Allergies are slightly better, but I see no improvement in the Hash's; my temperature was 96.7 yesterday and I have no energy to work out. I'm on thyroid meds and progesterone and the doctor is monitoring my hormones.

Since I am about to reintroduce foods I eliminated during the protocol which do you think would be the most beneficial to add?
    Stick with it. I used to have chronic hay fever and allergies to pets, dust, certain foods. Now I get none of it, I have a dog now. I really think allergies are a symptom of low metabolism.

Em, do you mean stick with the autoimmune protocol or the Peat additions?
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    Em, do you mean stick with the autoimmune protocol or the Peat additions?
    I think she means stick with peat bc she mentioned slow metabolism.

------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    I think she means stick with peat bc she mentioned slow metabolism.
    Okay, the slow metabolism and the allergy connection makes a lot of sense to me. Over the years I've seen several acupuncturists for allergies, some helped to alleviate my symptoms (most didn't) but they all said that my body was "cold and damp" and the goal was to get it warmer. From what I understand the approach in Chinese medicine is to get the body healthy so it can tolerate stimuli as opposed to western medicine where the approach is if you are allergic to something then you need to avoid it. If eating Peat style could help my allergies and thyroid I would be so pleased.

For me my hives got much better since I cut out grains and seed oils. That was my initial reason for going primal (and if i lose some weight... Great... Turned out I didn't really lose much but gained some muscle). Now with more peat implementations I still avoid grains (rice, etc) as much as I can.

I get hive attacks now after a few days of eating out at restaurants. I am allergic to everything in life... Cat dander, cockroaches, dustmites, cedar pollen, st Augustine grass (one of the 2 most comment lawn grasses), pecan pollen, mold, etc etc etc. I think I have had less than 5 moderate to serious hives cases in the past year.

------

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Whew thankfully I'm allergic to exactly zero known things
    nihil

Page 73 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast