Page 68 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you Peat today? page 68

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    i quite like cottage cheese. i always salt it. another food i grew up on. cottage cheese with baked potatoes. cottage cheese with meat. cottage cheese with pineapple jelly is quite nice too.

Hotmail is online now Senior Member
    Hey - what about fromage frais? Is it OK on Peat? I think its only curd not whey...

Hotmail is online now Senior Member
    Oh the cottage cheese I am getting at M&S here has creme fraiche added, according to wiki this is : a type of thick cream made from double cream with the addition of buttermilk, sour cream, or yogurt. !!! no idea which one they are using...

I can't get hold of raw dairy here at all.

Hey, if anyone's interested in stocking up on Great Lakes Gelatin and Coconut Oil (2 Peat favorites), vitacost.com has a great sale on both right now. 17 dollars for 54 oz coconut oil, and only 12 dollars per can for gelatin, even less than buying in bulk from the Great Lakes site directly. They don't carry the green can unfortunately, only the regular one (orange), but it's still a great deal.

Sorry for the spamish post, I promise I'm not a company shill, just thought some other Peat eaters could benefit from the sale, especially for stuff that's easy to stock up on and basically never expires. I first heard about the deal on coconut oil somewhere on these boards, so I thought I'd just re-share it.

Gelatin was the first Peat suggestion I started implementing last month (and the one that convinced me to try other stuff), I think it's still my favorite in terms of mood, well being, and energy. I love the hydrolysate for coffee, but mixing the regular gelatin with some juice and honey is a great way to increase and balance the fruit/protein intake.

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    ... I don't really care what they think about my diet or being nice.
    This is why we love you, Derp.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    i quite like cottage cheese. i always salt it. another food i grew up on. cottage cheese with baked potatoes. cottage cheese with meat. cottage cheese with pineapple jelly is quite nice too.
    Cottage cheese tastes really good melted in an omelette.

When I was eating CW healthy I made this "calzone" thing that was an omelette with 1 egg + 1/2cup egg white + Italian seasoning, tomato sauce, part skim mozzarella, cottage cheese, basil leaves and other pizza-y toppings on the inside of omelette. I've been adding some gelatin to my scrambled eggs so if I were to remake that calzone omelette I would totally add it to the egg mixture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChokingGame View Post
    Hey, if anyone's interested in stocking up on Great Lakes Gelatin and Coconut Oil (2 Peat favorites), vitacost.com has a great sale on both right now. 17 dollars for 54 oz coconut oil, and only 12 dollars per can for gelatin, even less than buying in bulk from the Great Lakes site directly. They don't carry the green can unfortunately, only the regular one (orange), but it's still a great deal.
    Thanks for the tip! I'm running low on the green can and was trying to decide which to buy. Unfortunately, I don't need $49 worth of product from Vitacost right now, so the price goes back to about normal when you add in shipping . I get free shipping through Amazon.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

moluv is offline Senior Member
    I like cottage cheese with lemon pepper a lot.

Or sweet. I put it in the food processor with some brown sugar and whip till perfectly smooth. I would describe as cheesecake filling like. I put this into banana+egg crepes I made for my kids. Or I eat it on top of fruit like whipped cream.

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Thanks for the tip! I'm running low on the green can and was trying to decide which to buy. Unfortunately, I don't need $49 worth of product from Vitacost right now, so the price goes back to about normal when you add in shipping . I get free shipping through Amazon.
    I get mine through Amazon too for the free shipping. I bought 6 cans of the Great Lakes red for about $80.00 not too long ago. That works out to a pretty cheap source of protein even with the amount of it I use everyday. I love gelatin

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by moluv View Post
    I like cottage cheese with lemon pepper a lot.

Or sweet. I put it in the food processor with some brown sugar and whip till perfectly smooth. I would describe as cheesecake filling like. I put this into banana+egg crepes I made for my kids. Or I eat it on top of fruit like whipped cream.
    That sounds sooo good! I'm so uncreative with my foods, and just eat them plain and one-dimensional. I'd probably try that sweetened with combo of white sugar and maple syrup for flavor. Or a date or two.

Page 68 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast