Page 67 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you Peat today? page 67

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member

What did you Peat today?

Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotmail View Post
    What about Zach??
    Also - do visit 30 bananas a day and you'll see how aggressive fruit people can be

I think like a lady here said, when the diet becomes more than a diet, like a religion to someone then such things happen...
    Zach was only mean when others were mean to him.

At least from what I have seen.

Some of his words are harsh but I feel like that is just his style. He is pretty direct and to the point when he is giving me advice too. I don't think it was meant to be mean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    What about Zach?

Also, those fruit people are doing an absolutely batshit insane diet, so of course they're stressed out. I love fruit, and eat a ton of it, and even I felt horrible on a week of nothing but fruit.
    nihil

Hotmail is offline Senior Member
    Agree, my point is not only some LCers can go crazy, high carbers can lose it and be intolerant too.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Yes, I've been too harsh and resistant - clinging to what worked for me, personally, in blind exclusion of what else is out there - possibly for myself and others.

Thanks for the input, everyone.

Does weird stuff get done to low-fat dairy? Oxidized cholesterol, etc.?

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    i have always avoided homogonized dairy. i cant get low fat non homogonized dairy so i dont do low fat unless i am out as it is all homog if you eat out. trim chai is as nice and normal chai IMO.

j3nn is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Yes, I've been too harsh and resistant - clinging to what worked for me, personally, in blind exclusion of what else is out there - possibly for myself and others.
    If it worked for you, why do you want to do something else? You shouldn't rock the boat if the risks outweigh the rewards for you. While I do think someone who has trouble with any macro should investigate that, I'm not sure if I'd want to leave a good place to do it for the unknown. Proceed with caution.

You can get raw lower-fat dairy; they just skim the fat off the top that settles naturally when chilled. You can actually do it yourself if you get raw milk. Make butter with the cream or reserve it for ice cream/coffee.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. - Samuel Adams

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    the milk i get isnt raw but it is whole and the cream congeals into lumps. if strain it out or i get like lumps of melted butter in my coffee which i have never liked.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vh67 View Post
    Please don't take this wrong because I do like all of you but this thread has taken a nasty turn. Please read back through it and imagine how Knifegill feels about being attacked so personally. I don't agree with some of things he has said but most of his comments were not directed to one person. Plus, two wrongs don't make a right. You guys are better than this. He is sincerely trying to make some changes to his diet and instead of mocking him for it, wouldn't it be kinder to help him?
    I feel what you're saying, but you have to understand that our comments are not random. We all tried to help Knifegill several months ago when he wanted to eat fruit. He went full throttle-extreme into it, then threw our help back in our faces, and proceeded to slander us for nearly six months. Now he's come back, and I'm establishing boundaries. Of course he can try this woe, and we'll support him, but dont do it wrong and then abuse us afterwards.

That is all. Welcome knife

Regarding low fat milk: I actually buy full fat, and then just dilute it down with water. Makes my money go further, and eliminates some of the processing.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Nivanthe is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Regarding low fat milk: I actually buy full fat, and then just dilute it down with water. Makes my money go further, and eliminates some of the processing.
    Oooh that's actually kind of brilliant! Now if only it could be done with cottage cheese. I stick with 1-2%, just can't do nonfat.

ETA from the last few pages: I'm glad people like Derp, Zach (rip!) and Choco even, were around in these forums to give their opposing viewpoints. I loved the idea of primal, low-carb being the answer to awesome weight loss and all that, but it didn't work for me. I stuck with it though, because I must have been doing it wrong, right? :/

Depression and lack of energy all the time was not cool. I gained back the many pounds I had lost over the course of a year, that of which had kept off for a year -- it all came back on eating high fat, and how crappy that still makes me feel to think about.

Sometimes it's hard to get out of a 'rut' when you're convinced it should work, or is the healthiest for you. But, all good things now that I'm implementing more of the 'Peat' stuff; so thanks everyone!
    Last edited by Nivanthe; 10-21-2013 at 02:01 AM.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivanthe View Post
    Oooh that's actually kind of brilliant! Now if only it could be done with cottage cheese. I stick with 1-2%, just can't do nonfat
    This is going to sound strange: but I've discovered a way to improve the taste of cottage cheese!

Firstly: The flavour gets better the closer it is to its "best by" date. Secondly: I stack it upside down in the fridge: this makes the whey go to the top, and for some reason that improves the flavour too.

Even low fat tastes good when I do this. Go figure!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Page 67 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast