Page 60 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you Peat today? page 60

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    I know, mo. Well said, by the way. I'm just trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. If he proves to be a jerk despite extending the olive branch to him, then he proves himself to be untrustworthy and unworthy of being treated with tolerance. I'll take him at his word until he proves to be only doing this as an attempt to make Peat look bad. The ball is in his court.
    I think he is sincere, but at this pt he has built such a reputation for being low carb he has to be a butthole about it. He has hinted before his athletic performance suffers from lacking carbs.

But I worry he will just eat full fat dairy and other fatty foods along with carbs and gain weight. I did that. Not fun. Now the weight is coming back off since I learned to not eat fat and carbs at the same time, and to keep protein high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    But but but... Sticky rice. ;(

Ehehehe...
    nihil

I just want to intercept a troll attempt, I don't really care what they think about my diet or being nice.
    nihil

j3nn is online now Senior Member
    Right now dairy is out for me. I just can't handle it in any form. Peat says if you can't tolerate dairy, eat other sources of calcium and supplement with oyster shell. Peat isn't nearly as rigid as some of his followers and that's what I appreciate about him.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Right now dairy is out for me. I just can't handle it in any form. Peat says if you can't tolerate dairy, eat other sources of calcium and supplement with oyster shell. Peat isn't nearly as rigid as some of his followers and that's what I appreciate about him.
    You fucked up already. Get out of here.
    nihil

Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    I think he is sincere, but at this pt he has built such a reputation for being low carb he has to be a butthole about it. He has hinted before his athletic performance suffers from lacking carbs.

But I worry he will just eat full fat dairy and other fatty foods along with carbs and gain weight. I did that. Not fun. Now the weight is coming back off since I learned to not eat fat and carbs at the same time, and to keep protein high.

Yes, it's so important that unless you are looking to GAIN weight to not eat reckless amounts of fat AND carbs together. You have to keep it in check or it will go badly. Fat is fine but has to be in context. This is why keto is an ultra high fat diet and low carbs AND protein. Every plan has to stay in context to work.

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    You fucked up already. Get out of here.
    Sniff.

Sniff.
    I'm kidding, I'm mostly about helping people out when they have problems like that. I've backed up slightly on the whole "lactose intolerance" doesn't exist part, because it makes no genetic sense. Some people genuinely have messed up stomachs causing the lactose intolerance, some people just don't have the enzyme for it at all.
    nihil

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member

What did you Peat today?

Yes, it's so important that unless you are looking to GAIN weight to not eat reckless amounts of fat AND carbs together. You have to keep it in check or it will go badly. Fat is fine but has to be in context. This is why keto is an ultra high fat diet and low carbs AND protein. Every plan has to stay in context to work.
    That's why my breakfast/lunch has been fat + protein, then post workout/dinner it is protein + carbs. Works well for me and it turns out I am around 150g carbs (okay by primal standards, not that I care). this also prevents me from developing huge fatty or carby food cravings bc I get both daily.

Also... Just in case there is science behind food combining, I am set.

Eta: I no longer add moar fat to even the lunch though. In fact I have about 2-3 eggs + some egg white to make sure it is more about protein than fat at lunch.

Last edited by turquoisepassion; 10-20-2013 at 10:14 AM.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I know. It's a pet peeve of mine how some people say "Peat made me gain weight", when they never bothered to cut back on the fat. Whatever happened to common sense

Page 60 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast