Page 57 of 83 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you Peat today? page 57

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Don't eat full fat and reintroduce carbs at the same time and then blame carbs for fat gain. That was my mistake. Eat lower fat dairy and cut out most cooking fats if you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    I can do that. And I'll cut way back on the coconut milk. I should take a photo now just in case I get really lean. Well, that one in the Bodyfat race thread is still accurate.

Seems a waste of an invincible thyroid, though, huh? To spend almost all my time in keto and never suffer. BUT I want that body. SRSLY, it's time to do something.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

What did you Peat today?

Also. Maybe you should officially apologize on the "peat failures" thread if you want to appease everyone. I mean.. Just a few hrs ago you were still attacking high carb. Don't flip flop and say now you are curious without admitting maybe you were wrong.

I admitted I was wrong and chocotaco was right. Maybe it is your turn.

------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

moluv is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    I was mostly just proud of my awesome yogurt bargain. Plus I ate a potato. And I refuse to troll here. This is a peat thread, as mentioned in the title. It would be disrespectful to come in here and talk about pure Primal. I have tact. Imagine that! But no fighting. I was actually just wondering if that was remotely peat-y. Out of of raw curiosity. There is a big overlap in Primal and Peat, and since you aren't going away, we really should learn to get along.

Seriously, this is not a provocation or anything. Honestly, I'm curious now. Since hitting the big weights, I'm super hungry - and am starting to think that guzzling fat...might hinder the loss of these last ten pounds. I've carried them around for a long time now, happy to see my abs but wanting to take it a little further. So I'm reintroducing starches. So far in the form of carrots and white potatoes.

I'm only giving this a chance in honor of Zach.
    I didn't think you were being provocative. I'm saying you don't belong here. Upping your starch to fuel workouts is purely primal. It has nothing to do with peat. The raw carrot maybe- but you only need one, not 3. And yogurt is strongly discouraged and should be like, one spoonful.

You can't go around making fun of peat at every opportunity and then be like "I ate a potato I'm gonna post on the peat thread". And your quoting Zach in your sig was, in my view, spiteful and mean, especially considering how nice he was to you despite ongoing disagreements. So your last sentence about "honoring Zach" is utter bullshit. If you want to honor Zach the do a peat diet FOR REAL. More sugar, less starch. Down a can of oysters. Drink nothing but a gallon of oj with gelatin in it till dinner. But most importantly STOP TAKING JABS AT PEAT LIKE YOU DID JUST YESTERDAY.

You can't have it both ways Knifegill.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    I can do that. And I'll cut way back on the coconut milk. I should take a photo now just in case I get really lean. Well, that one in the Bodyfat race thread is still accurate.

Seems a waste of an invincible thyroid, though, huh? To spend almost all my time in keto and never suffer. BUT I want that body. SRSLY, it's time to do something.
    Ps. You can do what I have been experimenting with which is almost zc for breakfast/lunch, then low fat with tons of carbs + some protein for dinner (post workout). Kind of like carb cycling.

-coconut milk (light tj's) with coffee for breakfast
    -lamb & eggs for lunch
    -mango, gelatin, grapes & oj for dinner.

------

moluv is offline Senior Member
    And yeah, you owe a lot of apologies before you get to sail by in the peat threads. All the mainlining sugar junkies and shit. Don't make me go take a bunch of screenshots of all of it because I will. Ask oceangrl.

j3nn is online now Senior Member
    Guys, it's ok. I suspected Knife really wanted to be with the cool kids. I think he's being sincere in his attempt to crossover, but he has to front like he hates us in front of his Primal friends to save face.

Welcome, Knife. I think it's awesome that you're at least experimenting. If it doesn't work out for you then at least you tried. Just please stop being so provocative and mean to us outside of these threads, we really aren't trying to harm anyone or overrun Primal; we're trying to optimize it for our individual needs!
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by moluv View Post
    And yeah, you owe a lot of apologies before you get to sail by in the peat threads. All the mainlining sugar junkies and shit. Don't make me go take a bunch of screenshots of all of it because I will. Ask oceangrl.

------

j3nn is online now Senior Member
    Let's not give the impression that you HAVE to drink a gallon of OJ a day or something like that. I don't. And Peat is low to moderate starch, not none at all. So I think it's fine to have variations. This is not dogma! This has no rules, just optimizations!
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

What did you Peat today?

Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    Let's not give the impression that you HAVE to drink a gallon of OJ a day or something like that. I don't. And Peat is low to moderate starch, not none at all. So I think it's fine to have variations. This is not dogma! This has no rules, just optimizations!
    I feel like in Knifegill's world peat = oj + ice cream + gummy bears everyday

When in fact my take of combining principles of primal and peat results in something like this:

Neckbones, lamb, boneless beef ribs, gelatin, oj, eggs, egg whites, sparkling water, frozen mangoes and frozen pineapple, light coconut milk.

------

Page 57 of 83 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast