Thread: What did you Peat today? page 5

moluv is offline Senior Member

What did you Peat today?

Primal Fuel
    Today I had:

10 am: glass of oj with gelatin, sugar and salt

11 am: nonfat milk latte with gelatine and sugar

12:30 pm: few bites of roast, carrots and potatoes

3:00 pm: fruit from a fruit platter, 1/2 cup of funeral home coffee with sugar, powdered cream and a little packet of gelatine from my purse

7:00 pm: post- funeral home viewing family get together. Just ate whatever I wanted and it was awesome. Smoked BBQ pork, potato salad, sour cream and onion chips (my late grandmas favorite, she didn't drink so this was my way to "pour one out for grandma"), cinnamon coffee cake, sweet tea.

Eating this much meat makes my pits putrid. Eating with family and friends is totally worth it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Last edited by moluv; 09-08-2013 at 08:39 PM.

I've been avoiding chocolate lately because I want to lose some fat, and am appalled at the high fat content of dark chocolate. 22g for half a bar when I'm aiming for 40g total for the day? Not really worth it. But then I realized that milk chocolate has half that amount of fat and more sugar and milk. Does it seem logical this fits in better with a Peat plan- budgeting it into my cals and macros accordingly of course.

FrenchFry is offline Senior Member
    Hi moluv, I don't know anything about the Peat stuff, but one thing I know:
    milk choc with sugar is not exactly going to help you ... either eat super low fat and add some very dark choc for the good fat (you should not be 0 fat, but you probably know it) or drop the chocolate altogether. That's my guess and maybe it don't matter at all ...

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchFry View Post
    Hi moluv, I don't know anything about the Peat stuff, but one thing I know:
    milk choc with sugar is not exactly going to help you ... either eat super low fat and add some very dark choc for the good fat (you should not be 0 fat, but you probably know it) or drop the chocolate altogether. That's my guess and maybe it don't matter at all ...
    I don't think a fat loss plan has to so ascetic that it can't allow for little yumyums. I mentioned a 40g a day allotment. So 5 squares of milk chocolate is 6.5 g of fat and 115 cals. Skim milk and sugar and perfectly acceptable Peat foods. Plus I don't even like dark chocolate- more fat less sugar is the opposite of Peatish macros.

But thanks for answering French Fry you're one of my favorite posters

FrenchFry is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by moluv View Post
    I don't think a fat loss plan has to so ascetic that it can't allow for little yumyums. I mentioned a 40g a day allotment. So 5 squares of milk chocolate is 6.5 g of fat and 115 cals. Skim milk and sugar and perfectly acceptable Peat foods. Plus I don't even like dark chocolate- more fat less sugar is the opposite of Peatish macros.

But thanks for answering French Fry you're one of my favorite posters

Why, thanks!
    I understand your reasoning, but milk choc has been a real addiction for me when I was younger - I stay away from it ...
    Dark choc: yeah, it's not as yummy but that's why I like it: I don't abuse ...

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchFry View Post
    Why, thanks!
    I understand your reasoning, but milk choc has been a real addiction for me when I was younger - I stay away from it ...
    Dark choc: yeah, it's not as yummy but that's why I like it: I don't abuse ...
    Probably because I'm not restricting carbs now I find that I can stick to my allotted portion. Even though Zach told me not to eat ice cream yet, several days I had space in my macros for it and ate my two bites and moved on. I think it's the gelatin and plenty of happy carbs that make overeating seem far less likely. There is a high level of satisfaction in this grouping of particular foods. I don't think people understand that until they try it.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Loving this thread

Moluv, I'd be put off milk chocolate cos of all the other crap inherent in it, but if you can find a good quality one then more power to you! The main thing about Peat is reducing stress, so there's no point agonising over chocolate - have it if you want it.

Saying that, I used to be a complete chocoholic, but with sugar, fruit and dairy as my dietary staples I don't want chocolate anymore. If I need sugar + fat I'll go for ice cream. Oh, you could always try making your own chocolate ice-cream?! (Using dark chocolate - less crap). I'm sure Derp has a recipe.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Zach is offline Banned
    Probably because I'm not restricting carbs now I find that I can stick to my allotted portion. Even though Zach told me not to eat ice cream yet, several days I had space in my macros for it and ate my two bites and moved on. I think it's the gelatin and plenty of happy carbs that make overeating seem far less likely. There is a high level of satisfaction in this grouping of particular foods. I don't think people understand that until they try it.

Yes dear, you can have some chocolate.

(Uncontrollable rage)

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    There is a high level of satisfaction in this grouping of particular foods. I don't think people understand that until they try it.
    ITA, the food choices sounded really unsatisfying to me and I thought I'd be staved, which of course turned not to be the case at all.
    I don't eat much chocolate these days, cause I somehow don't crave it at all, but I have plain cocoa powder with milk, sugar and gelatin fairly often.

My menu today looks like:

2 large coffees with sugar. One with H&H and the second one with low-fat milk.

Chilled "hot" chocolate, Ha! See above. Honey dew melon, carrot, watermelon, one banana.
    Grapes and some cottage cheese.
    Grilled shrimp with a little rice for dinner, and maybe a couple of eggs.
    Talenti gelato in Belgian milk chocolate flavor, if I feel like it before bed time.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Yes dear, you can have some chocolate.

(Uncontrollable rage)
    Lulz inside joke

Page 5 of 84 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast