Page 45 of 83 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you Peat today? page 45

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Made this today for post workout and thought you guys might like it

Sorbet made with frozen mango chunks, tiny bit of light coconut milk & organic maple syrup (about 1-2tsp each), 2tbsp gelatin...Whipped with a food processor. Topped with more light coconut milk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

moluv is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    Made this today for post workout and thought you guys might like it

Sorbet made with frozen mango chunks, tiny bit of light coconut milk & organic maple syrup (about 1-2tsp each), 2tbsp gelatin...Whipped with a food processor. Topped with more light coconut milk.

Oh make mine with milk please and I would nom the *+#! out of that

What did you Peat today?

Quote Originally Posted by moluv View Post
    Oh make mine with milk please and I would nom the *+#! out of that
    I can't have lactose without being bloated.

Making flan with gelatin and coconut milk topped with homemade caramel today too.

Eta: off to buy more frozen mangoes and pineapple. I have only made fake ice cream with frozen bananas with raw cacao nibs before today.
    More combos:
    -blueberry, acai, raw cacao
    -pineapple with coconut milk and coconut chips for piņa colada
    -frozen watermelon sorbet/slushie

Last edited by turquoisepassion; 10-06-2013 at 10:30 AM.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

ombat is offline Senior Member
    That looks wonderful, Turquoise.

I only ate 6 grams of fat today... o_o Most days are under 25, some days under 15, but... damn.

Grok is going to club me in my sleep... and then drag me to his cave... and have his way with me.... *crosses fingers*
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    that definitely looks wonderful turquoise. i used to make a mango mousse with creamed coconut and mangoes in my vegan days. the creamed coconut set the mangoes. if creamed coconut wasnt so expensive ( $17/jar ), i would make it again. i was thinking mangoes, coconut milk and gelatin only the other day so i will try that instead. i hadnt thought of sorbetting it but that will be my next experiment. when i was a kid too btw my mum used to make us iceblocks out of flavoured jelly. i actual reckon Ray Peat stalked my mum LOL

still on the oranges here. oranges and gelatin and pinapple chunks to make fruit jelly with a chopped banana and a can of coconut water yesterday for lunch. gouda and coffee for breakfast today. it was left over from a birthday party. the gouda that is. a couple of baked potatoes with 1/2c of cottage cheese and a few oranges for lunch. coffee and milk. and i had a chicken stir fry with the kids for dinner. they like chicken so i couldnt sneak gamey stag stir fry past. all of this is still primal you know. altho i guess the potatoes are a grey area but they were organic. phd instead LOL

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    that looks wonderful, turquoise.

I only ate 6 grams of fat today... O_o most days are under 25, some days under 15, but... Damn.

Grok is going to club me in my sleep... And then drag me to his cave... And have his way with me.... *crosses fingers*
    lol
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

Seaweed: what is the texture of frozen jelly? I was thinking about freezing chocolate jello to make choco sorbet in the food processor.

I have an ice cream maker but stuff keeps getting stuck to the bottom of it and I have to eat all of the portion or it hardens too much on the freezer...

------

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Grocery shop (which will probably last three days )

For the next week I'm going to take the advice of our nobel leader (apparently Zach ) and drink mostly liquid meals until evening time. Want to see if this ups my energy again.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Grocery shop (which will probably last three days ).
    Hopefully the toilet paper lasts longer than that - if it doesn't that could be an indication the liquid diet isn't working for you.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Breakfast: latte with honey. Smoothie made with Greek yoghurt, bananas, strawberries, hydrolysed gelatin, egg yolk and OJ.

Lunch: cottage cheese and 400g pineapple.

Dinner: fried potatoes and soft boiled eggs.

Snacks: more lattes, hb eggs and bananas.

Page 45 of 83 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast