Page 20 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you Peat today? page 20

Zach is offline Banned
    Good to see you, seaweed.

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    cruising the forums as i am trying not to watch the americas cup on live stream. you know my mum was Peat by accident years ago as we grew up on alot of food like this, makes me feel very nostalgic. oranges, gelatin, sugar, paw paws, evaporated milk, condensed milk, gouda, plums, lots of fruit salad. i had an incidental peat day yesterday too it seems as i got an 18kg box of organic navel oranges so i had coffee with lots of milk and some evaporated milk ( i had some left over from making the kids jelly ), i had a feta omlette, lots of oranges, home made orange jelly ( oranges chopped up and mixed with gelatin melted in water ), and some chocolate icecream but not actually that much.
    Woot woot minutes away from the start of the next race!
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Leaflard is offline Senior Member
    I'm really enjoying lots of fruit, gelatin and cottage cheese these days. I cooked some lamb last night, but was like, meh. I ended up only eating a couple ounces and I love lamb. I'm just not feeling the meat recently.

Today has been picnicky: bananas, mango, papaya, oranges, hb eggs, cottage cheese, smoked oysters and coffee milk with gelatin.

I'm perfectly content with these foods and its actually really nice not to have to bother over preparing meals. I start school again next week and this style if eating fits really well into my school schedule. Also, I'm feeling FAR more energetic at CF workouts and am rocking the lifting.

moluv is offline Senior Member
    That's awesome ^ Leaflard. I also am enjoying less meat and less cooked food. I also find myself having a hard time sitting still. I want to be busy moving lots. Handstands, yoga poses, hopping up onto little things I pass by, hopping off etc.

I also notice I only want a little muscle tissue. The less I have the sweeter my disposition as well. My breath is sweet too even though I've been drinking coffee (and vaping tobacco)

I think I do better with higher carbs and lower fat. That's how I lost a boatload of weight several years ago and I felt great! Then I switched over to Paleo and not that it made me feel bad, just not as vibrant. I'll never go back to veganism, as I believe that it's not optimal. But I've definitely come to the realization that a less meat-centric diet makes ME feel better and the increased carbs from whole fruit sources makes me feel happier and more productive all around.

Also, I've shed a few recently-gained pounds and am happily back into the bulk of my wardrobe which was growing alarmingly tight. (A lot of significant life changes recently, including a divorce, spun me out of control for about 6 weeks).
    Last edited by Leaflard; 09-20-2013 at 04:51 PM.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Good to see you, seaweed.
    sorry i had a hissy fit and ran away immediately after posting as they called off the race and WE WERE WINNING!!! on my way around the block to calm down, i remembered. Mum used to make ice cream with condensed milk ( where does Peat stand on condensed milk? ). we used to have that with tins of tropical fruit like lychees in syrup for dessert. mum also had a thing about bone broths and those long stewed gelatinous meats and cottage cheese. she is currently 81 btw and still walks the dog for an hour a day and is still mentally with it. we were spared offal as grandad had been into tripe. dad used to put condensed milk in his coffee. mum always drunk tea. and when dad had 3 sugars in his coffee( on top of the condensed milk), it was 3 sugar spoons not 3 tsps so prob approx 3 tbsps. k now i am off to go get some cockles and oysters from the bay for lunch to sulk as we lost race 13 while i was away sulking about the last race being called off.

Dinner was tomato and veggies soup in bone broth with butternut squash purée. Dessert was frozen banana blended with a little milk covered with a black cherry/sugar/gelatin/almond extract cooked sauce. As good as Hagen Daaz with no fat (or whatever fat is in a banana I suppose)

Quote Originally Posted by moluv View Post
    Dessert was frozen banana blended with a little milk covered with a black cherry/sugar/gelatin/almond extract cooked sauce. As good as Hagen Daaz with no fat (or whatever fat is in a banana I suppose)

That sounds amazing!

max219 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Today was

Coffee with salt, gelatin, 1% milk, and raw sugar
    1 cup of orange juice with salt
    1 banana
    a few baby carrots

1 apple
    1 oz of sheep cheese
    1 6 oz can of tuna
    Another cup of orange juice

1 banana

Ran 4 miles and lifted
    3 more bananas
    8 oz of shrimp

About 1 pound of mixed black and purple grapes
    1 can of oysters
    1 cup of 1% milk with honey, salt, gelatin, and cinnamon
    1 raw carrot

might have an apple or some more grapes later
    Last edited by max219; 09-20-2013 at 08:54 PM.

Page 20 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast