Thread: Anyone know of a iPhone app for tracking carbs, protein, and fat? page

hollylu is offline Junior Member

Anyone know of a iPhone app for tracking carbs, protein, and fat?

Primal Fuel
    After reading Mark's post of Sept 2 on the effects of not getting enough calories, I decided I want to track my daily calories, carbs, protein, and fat.

I looked for an app for iPhone and bought Carb Manager. It is good for carbs (I have trouble getting enough carbs most days), but, although it gives the fat and protein counts for each food, it doesn't add them up.

Is there an app that will keep track of all of these? Some days I just feel like something is missing and I am never sure whether I need to eat more fat, protein, or what.

jodi29 is offline Member
    Myfitnesspal is great. The app is easy to use. The app, however, does not seem to add the totals for the whole day (besides calories) so I am having to look up my totals for the day on their actual website.

moluv is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jodi29 View Post
    Myfitnesspal is great. The app is easy to use. The app, however, does not seem to add the totals for the whole day (besides calories) so I am having to look up my totals for the day on their actual website.
    I had posted a while back somewhere about not knowing how to find all the totals for the day on MFP and someone told me its on the home tab under "daily". Then you can click through the options there to see all your macros and micros in list form or your macros in a nifty pie chart. I like that part and find it easy to use. And it's free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Caloriecount is awesome. Great supportive community as well.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

jodi29 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by moluv View Post
    I had posted a while back somewhere about not knowing how to find all the totals for the day on MFP and someone told me its on the home tab under "daily". Then you can click through the options there to see all your macros and micros in list form or your macros in a nifty pie chart. I like that part and find it easy to use. And it's free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    OMG moluv! You're awesome! This just made my weekend

Oxidd1979 is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    myFitnessPal's default is also conforming to CW.
    If you want to change your values to a Paleo/Primal diet, on the main website, go into Goal / Change Goals / Customs, then enter you goal calories and the % value for carbs, protein and fat.

I also change the cholesterol value because it was way low for the amount of beef and eggs we eat.
    Max ever : 240lbs (early 2011)
    SW : 224lbs (2013-08-12)
    CW : 216lbs (2013-08-19)

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods