Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33

Thread: High carb primal? page

  1. #1
    Miguelinileugim's Avatar
    Miguelinileugim is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Valencia, Spain
    Posts
    243

    Exclamation High carb primal?

    Shop Now
    Neither salt nor butter have helped me regain my libido, what means that apparently I did something good when I was eating a typical "mediterranean" diet because my hormones seemed to work better.

    I don't think this is a problem of micronutrients but rather of macronutrients, in particular the carbs. My logic is simple, as long as all the carbs come from fruit and honey... I won't be eating grains nor legumes... I'll be somehow able to keep the benefits of primal while enjoying a better hormonal balance.


    Somewhere there's a flaw either with my logic or Mark's, anyway I'm going to try this just to see what happens, not having any libido seems way more dangerous than potentially gaining some pounds, and it's only an experiment anyway.


    P.S: Honey is delicious! Wish I could eat it with eggs and butter!

  2. #2
    Zach's Avatar
    Zach is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,869
    Good plan!

  3. #3
    Waterlily's Avatar
    Waterlily is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    North America
    Posts
    301
    How old are you?
    You say you are a highschool student, could be very young or not.
    Anyway, young male or older with no libido is very unhealthy IMO.
    Higher carb= great libido for me (but I'm female...).
    And eating more carbs does not mean you will gain weight.
    Let us know how you experiment goes!
    Paleo since April 2013 for health reasons.

  4. #4
    Miguelinileugim's Avatar
    Miguelinileugim is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Valencia, Spain
    Posts
    243
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Bill View Post
    Regain since doing what? Starting pb? Lowring carbs? what exactly was changed? How long has it been gone?
    Since I stopped eating grains and legumes in general.

  5. #5
    Miguelinileugim's Avatar
    Miguelinileugim is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Valencia, Spain
    Posts
    243
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterlily View Post
    How old are you?
    You say you are a highschool student, could be very young or not.
    Anyway, young male or older with no libido is very unhealthy IMO.
    Higher carb= great libido for me (but I'm female...).
    And eating more carbs does not mean you will gain weight.
    Let us know how you experiment goes!
    I'm 16 (almost), so yes, pretty young and still no libido, comfortable but extremely uncanny, well, at least now I don't have to pretend I'm not looking at the girls because I'm really not looking at them!

  6. #6
    Zach's Avatar
    Zach is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,869
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguelinileugim View Post
    I'm 16 (almost), so yes, pretty young and still no libido, comfortable but extremely uncanny, well, at least now I don't have to pretend I'm not looking at the girls because I'm really not looking at them!
    What the fuck are you doing on a low carb diet?? This baffles me that teenagers would think dieting is cool or something. Est your face off and lift heavy things.

  7. #7
    Miguelinileugim's Avatar
    Miguelinileugim is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Valencia, Spain
    Posts
    243
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Bill View Post
    Months ago or weeks ago?
    4 Months ago --> Struggling not to look at attractive women

    3 Months ago --> Still struggling, goodbye grains! Goodbye cereals!

    2 Months ago --> Libido dropped, still interested, goodbye dairy! Goodbye nuts!

    1 Months ago --> Women? Who cares?

    2 Weeks ago --> Still uninterested, goodbye tubers!

    Now --> Almost asexual

  8. #8
    Miguelinileugim's Avatar
    Miguelinileugim is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Valencia, Spain
    Posts
    243
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    What the fuck are you doing on a low carb diet?? This baffles me that teenagers would think dieting is cool or something. Est your face off and lift heavy things.
    I have a really really horrible IBS, I can't eat anything with complex carbs nor lactose, so...

  9. #9
    Zach's Avatar
    Zach is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,869
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguelinileugim View Post
    I have a really really horrible IBS, I can't eat anything with complex carbs nor lactose, so...
    Ok, legitimate.

    Have you had it all your life?

    Obviously you need to add carbs back in. Dod all thise diet changes have a positive effect on your IBS? Can you handle fruit and fruit juice? Rice?

  10. #10
    Kochin's Avatar
    Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Horsham
    Posts
    917
    Yeah, eat high carb. Also more animal fats. As many as possible. Boost your testosterone and your energy and your sex drive will be normal again.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

    --
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •