Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: High carb primal? page 3

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Miguel back on Aug 7th, you were asking about the same issues and were advised to stop caring and counting your macros and just eat. Eat what is good for IBS, but eat and stop counting things. That was the advice then and now.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

wiltondeportes Guest
    No honey with eggs??!! Try eggs, honey, and bacon.

Ghshl is online now Senior Member
    I had banana pancakes with bacon and honey the other day. Was very nice :-)

Sent from my GT-I9300

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Sugar, starch, salt, saturated fat. I recommend dairy, leaner red meats, egg yolks, potatoes, fruit and "safe" grains like white rice and hominy (clean corn tortillas, polenta). Lift heavy and eat more. Over the past couple weeks I've doubled my fruit intake and really only have eaten top round and chicken breast and I've dropped a lot of body fat while my gym gains have increased and my weight hasn't changed. Interesting to say the least.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Greg Rx is offline Senior Member
    Testosterone is made from cholesterol. You can raise your cholesterol by damaging your arteries with excess insulin from carb binging or you can increase your weight lifting, saturated fat, and protein. If you read Dr Kruse you will learn all kinds of things about testosterone and HGH. Simple example, eating carbs before bed will suppress the release of both. How is your Sleep? Are you spending more time starring at LED screens, at night, maybe on this Site? Love MDA for the lifestyle, but it is not the place for complicated health issues. Messing around with macro nutrients, alone, will only get you so far. Some of the subtleties of primal, are more important than you think, such as no snacking, or reducing stress.
    At your age, it is possible that your body down regulated testosterone to up regulate, some other body function. Isn't thinking about sex a pretty low priority, practically Speaking? Think long range survival. Think with the BIG HEAD.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Rx View Post
    Testosterone is made from cholesterol. You can raise your cholesterol by damaging your arteries with excess insulin from carb binging or you can increase your weight lifting, saturated fat, and protein. If you read Dr Kruse you will learn all kinds of things about testosterone and HGH. Simple example, eating carbs before bed will suppress the release of both. How is your Sleep? Are you spending more time starring at LED screens, at night, maybe on this Site? Love MDA for the lifestyle, but it is not the place for complicated health issues. Messing around with macro nutrients, alone, will only get you so far. Some of the subtleties of primal, are more important than you think, such as no snacking, or reducing stress.
    At your age, it is possible that your body down regulated testosterone to up regulate, some other body function. Isn't thinking about sex a pretty low priority, practically Speaking? Think long range survival. Think with the BIG HEAD.
    God damn, JKIDF out in full force. Kruse is hardly the place for complicated health issues, and drinking your piss doesn't raise testosterone. Re HGH:

Gooren: The term MEDAN, multiple endocrine deficien- cies of the
    ageing male, has been proposed be- cause there is also a decline in
    growth hormone and adrenal androgens.
    Morley: I think I agree with you. We found, and others including Schneider have found, that testosterone increases IGF-1 at the tissue level, which most probably
    is better than growth hormone itself, studies on growth hormone have
    been universally disappointing at this stage.
    Gooren: And GH is dangerous.
    Morley: Yes, even the central acting agents that stimulate
    GH-secretion, which have been tested by drug companies in the US. The
    outcomes have been terrible, I think growth hormone is not the an-
    swer. The data published so far on DHEA, with the exception of the
    high dose of 100 mg used by Yen in men, have not been overwhelmingly
    promising. In a study with pregnenolone, we had to get high levels of
    testosterone in males before we saw any positive effects.

Testosterone is synthesized from pregnenolone which is in turn synthesized from cholesterol. Testosterone levels depend on the turnover rate of cholesterol to pregnenolone. Vitamin A is needed for cholesterol turnover. Increasing cholesterol levels does not always lead to higher testosterone levels, except if you were cholesterol deficient to begin with.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    Dietary cholesterol has little impact on cholesterol, true?
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. - Samuel Adams

Zach is offline Banned
    Neat fact, kruse is a joke. Also sexual desire is a key aspect of optimal testosterone production. Testosterone is critical for longterm survival.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    Dietary cholesterol has little impact on cholesterol, true?
    Yeah. and lol @ testosterone being only for sexual drive. Testosterone is absolutely crucial for health and well-being. It just so happens that low libido is usually a sign that you're not well.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Miguelinileugim is offline Senior Member
    OK, got the idea, note that my libido has improved slightly.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast