Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: High carb primal? page 2

Miguelinileugim is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Ok, legitimate.

Have you had it all your life?

Obviously you need to add carbs back in. Dod all thise diet changes have a positive effect on your IBS? Can you handle fruit and fruit juice? Rice?
    It started when I was 10-12 or so...

My IBS is now completely gone, that's why I'm never going to eat anything with complex carbs or lactose. As I've said I can generally handle (almost) any amount of fruit and honey, but rice is definitely a no.

patski is offline Senior Member
    Carbs baby carbs!
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Quote Originally Posted by patski View Post
    Carbs baby carbs!
    ???

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguelinileugim View Post
    ???
    In other words..eat some carbs!! Can you eat sweet potatoes and regular potatoes with IBS?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    I'd say eat whatever you got to to put some lead back in the pencil. If I had that problem and thought it would help I'd slam twinkies and main line some hot fudge. I do think you must have some deeper issues though. I mean, lets just say even a 3 day fast doesn't slow me down and I'm twice your age. But I might just be weird... fasting makes me randy. So yeah, eat whatever you got to in order to feel procreative again though.

Honey really shouldnt mess too much with your IBS (its part of the GAPS diet). So eat a ton of that if you want. Its all sugar in the end anyhow, so if you wanna up your carbs and cant go the starch route I'd make honey and molasses the order.

Just reread and see you like honey, eggs and butter..... SO PUT EM TOGEATHER! Egg pancakes (2 eggs and 1 bannana mashed, stirred, and fried in coconut oil or butter) topped with a bunch of honey is my six year olds favorite breakfast. Probably work for you too.
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 09-06-2013 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oceangrl View Post
    In other words..eat some carbs!! Can you eat sweet potatoes and regular potatoes with IBS?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    Nope, I can't eat any kind of complex carbs...

Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    I'd say eat whatever you got to to put some lead back in the pencil. If I had that problem and thought it would help I'd slam twinkies and main line some hot fudge. I do think you must have some deeper issues though. I mean, lets just say even a 3 day fast doesn't slow me down and I'm twice your age. But I might just be weird... fasting makes me randy. So yeah, eat whatever you got to in order to feel procreative again though.

Honey really shouldnt mess too much with your IBS (its part of the GAPS diet). So eat a ton of that if you want. Its all sugar in the end anyhow, so if you wanna up your carbs and cant go the starch route I'd make honey and molasses the order.

Just reread and see you like honey, eggs and butter..... SO PUT EM TOGEATHER! Egg pancakes (2 eggs and 1 bannana mashed, stirred, and fried in coconut oil or butter) topped with a bunch of honey is my six year olds favorite breakfast. Probably work for you too.
    OK, I'll eat a lot more of fruits and honey, let's see what happens. Speaking of mixing fats with sugar, really? Are you sure of that? What about insulin?

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    OK, I'll eat a lot more of fruits and honey, let's see what happens. Speaking of mixing fats with sugar, really? Are you sure of that? What about insulin?
    I don't know. I'm really just telling you to eat. Usually this is a low calorie thing, or some other hormonal problem, but if carbs help you to eat more (which they do tend to do), then by God eat you some friggin carbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    I don't know. I'm really just telling you to eat. Usually this is a low calorie thing, or some other hormonal problem, but if carbs help you to eat more (which they do tend to do), then by God eat you some friggin carbs.
    Well, the more carbs I eat the hungrier I am, I just ate too... much... meat... so I guess that it worked.

Nivanthe is offline Senior Member
    Well, the more carbs I eat the hungrier I am
    As you should be, for a growing 16 year old young man. Carb it up for libido, and stop worrying about how much you're eating right now.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast