Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: How Much Does Your Fish Cost?

  1. #11
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    4,470
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by cillakat View Post
    Thank goodness for the DeKalb Farmers Market! During salmon season, I can get wild alaskan for $7.99/lb

    I really should get one of those food vaccuum sealer thingies and freeze a bunch of it in the chest freezer.
    The rest of the year I buy from vitalchoices.com The 'large' filets of sockeye, purchased in multiples are the best value on the site at about $13/lb.



    iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order


  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Midland Michigan
    Posts
    6
    I paid for a fishing pole and some gear. Then I hitch rides on friends boats. So I am able to eat Walleye, panfish, crappie and salmon for free.

    The Native Americans actually get to net Salmon, so they will sell you a whole fish for 5$ at certain times of the year. That is an amazing deal there.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,060
    I bought a 2 pound wild-caught mackerel yesterday for about 12$. I think it was 5.99/lb.
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    46
    Wild Alaskan Salmon for about $8.20 per pound
    Wild Whole Sardines for $5.99 per pound
    Wild Whole Boston Mackerel for $1.99 per pound
    Wild Shrimp for $5.99 per pound

    Those are the only fish I buy on a regular basis.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,983
    Quote Originally Posted by cillakat View Post
    I grew up in Grand Rapids, MI

    *waves to Dosenberry*
    *Wave*!

    That's awesome... why did ya move?

    Quote Originally Posted by cillakat View Post
    The rest of the year I buy from vitalchoices.com The 'large' filets of sockeye, purchased in multiples are the best value on the site at about $13/lb.
    I will have to check those out! I will definitely be buying from vitalchoice.com at some point to compare the taste to cheaper brands.

    Quote Originally Posted by jspegel View Post
    I paid for a fishing pole and some gear. Then I hitch rides on friends boats. So I am able to eat Walleye, panfish, crappie and salmon for free.
    I am sooooooo jealous!

    Quote Originally Posted by rphlslv View Post
    I bought a 2 pound wild-caught mackerel yesterday for about 12$. I think it was 5.99/lb.
    Makes me feel better as I buy mine for $7-10 lb.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Wild Alaskan Salmon for about $8.20 per pound
    Wild Whole Sardines for $5.99 per pound
    Wild Whole Boston Mackerel for $1.99 per pound
    Wild Shrimp for $5.99 per pound

    Those are the only fish I buy on a regular basis.
    Makes me feel a lot more better. I still think vital choice is superior, but not at all worth it when you simply can not afford it. Fish oil is excellent and the wild caught fish I buy now will do.

    Thanks again for all your responses!
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

  6. #16
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    4,470
    Quote Originally Posted by Dosenberry View Post
    *Wave*!

    That's awesome... why did ya move?
    I got sick of being cold. Seriously. I do go back often though as much of my extended family is still there.



    iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order


  7. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,983
    Quote Originally Posted by cillakat View Post
    I got sick of being cold. Seriously. I do go back often though as much of my extended family is still there.
    That is the best reason! I am planning on moving out of state soon. I plan on moving into my first home before the summer is over (buying it in 2011 probably) and it will be in Michigan. But after a few years and some traveling around the world I will know exactly where I want to settle down. I have MANY places that I know I will love so that is what taking a year of so of traveling will do
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

  8. #18
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    383
    Shop Now
    The cheapest fish I saw here was wild caught salmon for $4.99 a pound. I got 2 pounds.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •