Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is my professor an idiot? page 4

Omni is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Maybe you should go back and re read what was actually written.

Note the use of the word preferentially, this relates back to previous posts in the context that in presence of adequate fat or carbohydrate the body will not use protein for fuel.
    "There are no short cuts to enlightenment, the journey is the destination, you have to walk this path alone"

Black Timber is offline Senior Member
    1. If you eat too much fat, you will get fat
    2. If you eat too much protein, you will get fat
    3. If you eat too much carbohydrate, you will get fat.

4. If you read and believe every study and diet protocol, you will die of starvation!
    Some of you may die, but that is a risk I'm willing to take.

Fawnstable is offline Junior Member
    I think what eKatherine was trying to get across was - eating higher "healthy fats" (Avocados, nuts, animal fat, etc.) does not necessarily make you fat. Obviously, eating twinkies (as someone mentioned) which contain "crap" fat would of course increase your weight. Along with the sugar, corn syrup and other chemically altered fillers your body has no idea what to do with.

Eating foods that are reduced in fat - 2% milk - low fat yogurt - are altered from there original state and can not even be considered a "natural food" anymore. Our bodies need larger amounts of healthy fats to thrive and yes individuals who do increase these in their diets - as long as their diets are a least borderline clean - do have a lower body fat percentage.
    (Note: these are also individuals who have moderate to higher active lifestyles).

girlhk is offline Senior Member
    Overeating healthy fats can still make you fat.

Eating crap does not necessarily make you fat. I know a lot of thin people who eat mostly junk. They just don't eat a lot of food in general.

Timthetaco Guest
    As far as #3 goes, I'm not sure how many studies have been done that quantify just how much dietary protein is used for gluconeogenesis and glycogen synthesis on a low carb diet. I've seen opposing claims that VLC is catabolic and protein-sparing. Not quite sure which is true.

Studies are welcomed. I know some people bookmark like crazy.
    Last edited by Timthetaco; 09-07-2013 at 08:15 PM.

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawnstable View Post
    I think what eKatherine was trying to get across was - eating higher "healthy fats" (Avocados, nuts, animal fat, etc.) does not necessarily make you fat. Obviously, eating twinkies (as someone mentioned) which contain "crap" fat would of course increase your weight. Along with the sugar, corn syrup and other chemically altered fillers your body has no idea what to do with.

Eating foods that are reduced in fat - 2% milk - low fat yogurt - are altered from there original state and can not even be considered a "natural food" anymore. Our bodies need larger amounts of healthy fats to thrive and yes individuals who do increase these in their diets - as long as their diets are a least borderline clean - do have a lower body fat percentage.
    (Note: these are also individuals who have moderate to higher active lifestyles).
    But that isn't true at all. There are plenty of people who eat terrible diets yet are still thin and plenty of fat people who eat well (see this forum for instance).

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234