Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 36

Thread: Is my professor an idiot? page 3

  1. #21
    Scott F's Avatar
    Scott F is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    930
    Shop Now
    and then there's the Inuits

    The Inuit Paradox | DiscoverMagazine.com
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

  2. #22
    statikcat's Avatar
    statikcat is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by jakejoh10 View Post
    LOL. Strongest evidence I've ever seen. Let's disregard the fact that overweight people tend to severely under report fat intake.
    If you can eat that twinky in under 10 seconds.. it's like it never existed.

  3. #23
    eKatherine's Avatar
    eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    5,372
    Quote Originally Posted by jakejoh10 View Post
    LOL. Strongest evidence I've ever seen. Let's disregard the fact that overweight people tend to severely under report fat intake.
    Of course, you can easily make the claim that all the studies that have ever been done that do not support your preconceptions are fraudulent or badly-designed, and all the ones that support them are perfect in design. Is that really what you want to try to claim? Can you really support that?

    I'm just repeating what I saw because it was a locally-generated study that agrees with other studies. Eating less fat as a percentage of calories does not make people thin, and eating more fat as a percentage of calories does not make people fat.

  4. #24
    Kochin's Avatar
    Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Horsham
    Posts
    920
    1. Ketones.
    2. Success stories.
    3. Eat enough protein? Ketosis is no problem, then.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

    --
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

  5. #25
    jakejoh10's Avatar
    jakejoh10 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    882
    I'm now convinced that you (eKatherine) cannot read. You must have glasses on that portray some sort of fucked up version of what everyone posts, because there is no way a normal human being would get your response out of what I wrote.

    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Of course, you can easily make the claim that all the studies that have ever been done that do not support your preconceptions are fraudulent or badly-designed, and all the ones that support them are perfect in design. Is that really what you want to try to claim? Can you really support that?
    Where did I say this? Just please show me. Please. Otherwise, once again you post yet another strawman.

    I'm just repeating what I saw because it was a locally-generated study that agrees with other studies.
    What other studies are you referring to?

    Eating less fat as a percentage of calories does not make people thin, and eating more fat as a percentage of calories does not make people fat.
    Where did I say this? Just please show me. Please. Otherwise, once again you post yet another strawman.
    My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

  6. #26
    janie's Avatar
    janie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    649
    Take a deep breath, huh?

    You are always completely rude to ekatherine - or for that matter anyone who isn't in agreement with you. If you don't agree with someone, that is fine. But being insulting and nasty only makes you look arrogant and immature. I find it amazing that people here have so little compassion for each other. Sad.
    Starting Weight: 197.5
    Current Weight: 123
    Lost 75# eating low carb (20-40 g) and then MDA primal low carb. Tried many other options but only LC helped me lose weight and improve health. Now at a good weight, I find my body can tolerate a few more carbs but rarely go over 100 g.

  7. #27
    DeltaCypher0's Avatar
    DeltaCypher0 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    116
    Thank you! Everyone was extremely helpful in proving my last 6 months of work as correct.

    Sent from my XT907 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

  8. #28
    jakejoh10's Avatar
    jakejoh10 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    882
    Quote Originally Posted by janie View Post
    Take a deep breath, huh?

    You are always completely rude to ekatherine - or for that matter anyone who isn't in agreement with you. If you don't agree with someone, that is fine. But being insulting and nasty only makes you look arrogant and immature. I find it amazing that people here have so little compassion for each other. Sad.
    I don't apologize for being rude to someone who consistently warps my words into something I never said, or even implied, to make me look like the bad guy. I don't really care what you think of me. Not saying that in an arrogant way, but it's the truth.
    My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

  9. #29
    jakejoh10's Avatar
    jakejoh10 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    882
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaCypher0 View Post
    Thank you! Everyone was extremely helpful in proving my last 6 months of work as correct.

    Sent from my XT907 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    Glad you were able to find the help you were looking for!
    My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

  10. #30
    Forgotmylastusername's Avatar
    Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    948
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Of course, you can easily make the claim that all the studies that have ever been done that do not support your preconceptions are fraudulent or badly-designed, and all the ones that support them are perfect in design. Is that really what you want to try to claim? Can you really support that?

    I'm just repeating what I saw because it was a locally-generated study that agrees with other studies. Eating less fat as a percentage of calories does not make people thin, and eating more fat as a percentage of calories does not make people fat.
    So what you saying is that people who increase their calories as fat can't put on weight? I'd like to see your evidence for that.

    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    I would like to see the references you can cite where it says that the body does not use fat for fuel, and preferentially uses protein for fuel. That's what you're claiming. Stop being such an untermench.
    I'd love to see your sources that say the body can't use protein for fuel. That's what you're claiming.
    Jesus, you sure are spouting some bullshit today.
    Last edited by Forgotmylastusername; 09-07-2013 at 03:32 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •