Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: How Do You Deal With Junk Food at the Office? page 6

SpitFire is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    We always have a monthly cake, plus someone always bakes birthday cakes for most everyone's birthday. I used to partake in a small piece, but now I just don't have any. I remember the way it makes me feel and the way it makes my teeth feel with all that sugar on it. And I think of all the processed ingredients. No thanks.

My friend was leading a safety meeting just a couple days ago and got food that appealed to the masses, donuts. He knows how healthy I eat and that it is delicious. I bring him samplings every once in a while. He actually felt bad that I couldn't have the donuts. But it was something that appealed to the masses. Sad right?

I baked some paleo cookies for another coworker yesterday and they beat the pants off any cake/cookies/crap that is normally served.

Stacy15 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SpitFire View Post
    We always have a monthly cake, plus someone always bakes birthday cakes for most everyone's birthday. I used to partake in a small piece, but now I just don't have any. I remember the way it makes me feel and the way it makes my teeth feel with all that sugar on it. And I think of all the processed ingredients. No thanks.

My friend was leading a safety meeting just a couple days ago and got food that appealed to the masses, donuts. He knows how healthy I eat and that it is delicious. I bring him samplings every once in a while. He actually felt bad that I couldn't have the donuts. But it was something that appealed to the masses. Sad right?

I baked some paleo cookies for another coworker yesterday and they beat the pants off any cake/cookies/crap that is normally served.
    Birthday cakes were just brought up in my office this morning. My birthday was last week, and another coworkers is next week. Someone said we should have bday cake this week to celebrate both. Someone actually responded "but Stacy doesn't eat cake". Another replied "her loss". I laughed inside

Donuts are often brought in here too. One sweet lady brings me a cucumber if she ever picks them up, knowing I don't eat the donuts.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    After me turning down every single sweet, baked good, and sitting out birthday cake after birthday cake, they stopped bothering to ask. When I walk in the kitchen, I see the poison of the day and keep walking. An allergy to just about every processed good goes a LONG way. That donut isn't worth the sulfite migraine.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

oxide is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Just say No! No one is holding a gun to your head and forcing dog-nuts down your craw....if you eat it, it's becasue you choose to eat it. Just choose NOT to....
    Did it ever occur to you that not everyone is as perfect as you are?
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456