Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: How Do You Deal With Junk Food at the Office? page 4

FrenchFry is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I don't eat it. Why being in the office would change my mind about ingesting crap ? I see software engineers all day long and they all have that look of sub-optimal health as made visible by their usually buttoned shirt stuck in their pants, putting in evidence their fat belly. Most of them have soft limbs and muscles, covered with a thick layer of skin fat. The worst is really the belly and lower back (most of my colleagues are men). You should see the mountain of foods they eat during lunch, and before and after ... sitting all day long, etc. I am amazed ...

lea
    lea is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaveBug View Post
    Change the way you think about it. One of the biggest things that helped me was saying, "I don't" instead of "I can't". Can't makes you feel like you're being deprived, limited. Don't, to me, was more like I made a choice and what you have to offer isn't as important as it.

Sent from....right behind you....
    I completely agree with this approach. Sometimes it's all mental. I also try to be really picky about stuff. I've got great dark chocolate at home, I'm not going to eat a mediocre candy bar just because its there.

I guess I'm lucky though because my office usually doesn't have baked goods around, partly because a couple of my coworkers are diabetic.

imp
    imp is offline Member
    There are a lot of colleagues at my hospital that also brings in bakes goods. I just look at all those baked goods and laugh on the inside. I feel good when I'm the rare ones that can resist and don't mind looking at them...its callled willpower.

When colleagues let me know to try I say I will try later...and also give them a white lie on how good it was despite not taking any lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    I feel good when I'm the rare ones that can resist and don't mind looking at them...its callled willpower.
    I don't know man, I don't feel it is willpower in my case, I just see the pseudo-goodies being picked up by the guys that eat it, and then my eyes happen to look at the guys' bellies and limp limbs: an absolute NOGO ...

little vase is offline Senior Member
    Imagine the donuts all covered in maggots.

Unless you like eating maggots, of course.

Just bring your own "junk food" and eat it instead if you can't do mind over matter. If you can't go until lunch without wolfing down something you don't want to eat, you probably need to rethink your diet.
    be the hair that knots with my hair
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    primal since oct. 1, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by little vase View Post
    Unless you like eating maggots, of course.
    Hey, I believe they like them in Corsica or Sardinia : they eat a special cheese only when maggots are crawling all over it, they love the shit! I saw them ...

Mmmmmmm.

I mean ewwwwww!

No, I would eat insects if I had to. But not maggots. They're just so......juicy.

Quote Originally Posted by little vase View Post
    Mmmmmmm.

I mean ewwwwww!

No, I would eat insects if I had to. But not maggots. They're just so......juicy.
    haha, here it is just for you little vase : Casu marzu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Gah!! "also known as Italian maggot cheese"!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZ_-JzM-YQg

photocat is offline Member
    Willpower? Puh-lease. That is at best a temporary solution. I can look at pork anything (including bacon) all day long and not blink an eye because I don't eat pork. It isn't willpower, it is just a food I don't and will never ever eat. Period. Many foods fall into that category. That is not the issue.

The whole issue the OP is struggling with is they are surrounded consistently by unhealthy food they find very tempting (whether you agree that food is tempting isn't the point). The point is they wanted to know if you are surrounded by food you love and can see and smell it all day long (and no you can't walk away because you work there!) but you don't want to eat it, how do you handle it?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast