Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Attack of the cucumbers! page

Shop Now

My name is Wendy, and I was too ambitious. I am pulling at least 5 large cucumbers a day from my garden. I need recipes! I've made the salad Mark had posted (added some cold chicken, yum!), I've hollowed them out and filled them with beef, I've made pickles, I've made tuna boats. My boyfriend thinks I'm crazy. He contends that I don't "have" to eat them, but I hate to waste!

What can I do with these suckers?! Should have planted more zucchini instead, they are more versatile!

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

Cucumber juice!

Throw a cucumber in the blender and top off with water. Blend until cucumber is pulverized. Strain it through cloth. I usually sweeten it with stevia. You can add some mint to the blender also.

I mixed the pulp with egg and some spices, and it made a lovely little cake. If you don't want to use the juice or the pulp right away, you can freeze them both.

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member

Chop and mix into yogurt to make raita or tzatziki sauce. Goes great with spicy foods; cools the palate.

Hmmm...I wonder if I can take that cucumber juice idea, throw in some fresh squeezed lemon and make a cucumber jelly? Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

I don't see why not.

Oh, there's always pickles!

DiabetesCanKissMyButt is offline Senior Member

You could do that cucumber/tomato salad with olive oil and vinegas ala flynavywife. That's my new favorite.

grandma is offline Member

I made the salad on the blog today -- that's worth a repeat. It was good.

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

Karin Guest

You could give them to family, friends if you run out of stuff to do with them. Call the local homeless shelter and ask if they want some...In case it's truly more than you personally can manage to eat...

RogerDeRok is offline Member

I make my cucumber salad quite often. I chop up a cucumber, a jalapeno, an avocado, some purple onion and a tomato and I add a little sea salt, and it's so good!

Cucumber and lemon jelly = not something I ever want to put in my mouth again. At least I gave it a shot! I think I am going to try your salad today, Rodger. Thanks!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast