Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bad breath is ruining my life !!! page 2

OldSchhool is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    My dogs breath smells but she is always licking her Butt, you aren't doing the same eh ?

Being serious try gargling twice a day with some watered down apple cider vinegar !

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Do you eat a very low carbohydrate/ketogenic diet? The worst breath I've ever had in my life was when I did a 2 month stint of keto. EVERYONE was complaining. Family, friends, people were force-feeding me gum. I've never had a breath issue in my life, but keto is like an open invitation for awful smells, particularly breath and urine.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    You are dealing with some kind of candida overgrowth, correct? Having a film on the tongue is often a sign of this, I think. Oil pulling helped me a bit.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Primal Jackson is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Rube View Post
    What can I do ? Someone please help
    I'll help ya.

Grab a cotton ball and wet it. Rub it all around your mouth, teeth, gums, tongue thoroughly. I mean thoroughly! Let the cotton ball pick up everything it touches even if it doesn't feel right . Rinse out your mouth with water, and repeat the cotton ball cleaning again and again. Bam! you should now have a perfectly clean mouth.

I find my gums more redder and teeth smoother and white from just using a mere cotton ball.

This works cause the cotton ball absorbs all sorts of hidden nasty stuff that mouth washes, toothbrushes, toothpastes, and oils (from oil-pulling) can never pick up.

Forgot to add. Use hot tap water for a more through clean.

Remember, cotton wipes away all moisture and oil were bacteria can grow.
    Last edited by Primal Jackson; 09-05-2013 at 07:26 PM.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Jackson View Post
    Remember, cotton wipes away all moisture and oil were bacteria can grow.
    Except for between the gum and the tooth.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

CaveBug is offline Senior Member
    Do you still have your tonsils in? If so do you get small whitish hard build ups in the pockets of your tonsils? They are called tonsil stones and are build up of food and the bacteria go to town on them.

I used to get them all the time when I was little and mom was always saying how I had really bad breath. Then we finally got my tonsils out and problem solved.

Sent from....right behind you....
    You are an animal on this planet and the rules of engagement are non negotiable.

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    I feel your pain Rick Rube. In Scotland my breath was fine, in Singapore its became pretty bad. So far I've made the following changes which seems to have helped:

-Flossing teeth at least once a day, or both morning and evening
    -Eating breakfast and lunch (I was fasting and it seemed to be the main problem)
    -Increased carb intake to over 100g a day (was in ketosis before)
    -Brushing twice a day, and scrubbing my tongue with the brush
    -Reducing the amount of garlic I consume (my grandma uses way too much)
    -Drinking more water

Unfortunately it hasn't eliminated the breath completely. Right now my breath still has a mild acid/vinegary smell to it

murf73 is offline Senior Member
    It could be a vitamin C deficiency.

Muscle cramps? Bad breath? Fatigue? They can all be caused by a lack of vitamins or minerals - so here's how to eat yourself healthy | Mail Online

Also, it sounds like you have some sort of candida overgrowth. I would recommend the Candida elimination diet to get it under control. Also, oregano oil can help treat the candida overgrowth.
    The Candida Diet

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Have you tried oil pulling with coconut oil?
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Oil pulling sounds really interesting but from quick researching it doesn't seem any more effective than mouthwash. It does have the all natural tag though...

10 minutes of oil pulling with sesame oil have the same effectiveness as 10 minutes of mouthwash:
    Effect of oil pulling on halitosis and microorganisms causing halitosis: A randomized controlled pilot trial Asokan S, Kumar R S, Emmadi P, Raghuraman R, Sivakumar N - J Indian Soc Pedod Prev Dent

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast