Thread: SI Joint improvement - finally!!!! page

Pinot-Girl is offline Senior Member

SI Joint improvement - finally!!!!

Primal Fuel
    Hey there,

I suffered an SI joint injury (no apparently trauma or obvious cause) just before starting out my Primal journey which was both depressing and somewhat debilitating.

What I did and what worked:

Went to a Chiropractor and was manipulated and told to rest.
    Went to a Massage Therapist and was made to feel better for <24 hours and told to keep moving.
    Went to an Orthopaedic Surgeon and was referred to have an MRI with gadolinium injection (will happen in March 2014), referred to an Arthroscopic Surgeon (date tbc) and lastly to have a cortisone injection (scheduled for November 2013).
    Finally took the advise of a friend to see a 'Back Healer' who looked at my body in a holistic way, the way my muscles were as a result of an injury I sustained as a child to my lower back and hips, and started working to release the muscles that were bracing me in a way that pulled other bits in a way that was ultimately causing me pain.

Outcome:
    Chiro - sucked and didn't work
    Massage - felt good but didn't work longer than 24 hours
    Orthopaedic Surgeon - not convinced I'll take up any of the referrals
    Back Healer - I'm 6 weeks in and feeling 80% improvement in SI joint pain, I walk taller and straighter, I sleep better, I have a remedy I can use to ease the pain myself instead of popping pills (long time over user of codeine (clean from them for 18 months) and OTC's which now I rarely use).

My next step is start introducing some of the exercises that resist against my own weight gently and with the help of the back therapist to ensure I strengthen equally on both sides, and to start my sprinting. I'm an excellent procrastinator, but I hope I can find the motivation to do these things now I'm for the most part, in alot less pain.

I hope being in less pain and taking far less pain killers will be good for my body.

Anyway, I just wanted to share that for anyone who may also be suffering as I know hearing stories of success helped me keep going. I'm not 'healed' but I'm so much better and happier than I was in March when all this started - literally overnight.

All the best,
    PG!
    Primal - June 3rd 2013
    Starting Weight - 150lbs
    Current Weight - 150lbs
    Goal Weight - 130lbs
    (Female / 5'4")

I did a very short sprint session last night, and I'm pleased to report that no increase in SI joint pain.

I only did a few, and it was only about 5--7 minutes max, but after not sprinting in over 10 years, with so many joint issues, I was happy.

Monday is my new sprint day :-)

PG!
    Primal - June 3rd 2013
    Starting Weight - 150lbs
    Current Weight - 150lbs
    Goal Weight - 130lbs
    (Female / 5'4")

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations. That's great news. I've bought a roller in hope of lengthening my tight hip tendons.

How does the 'back healer' advertise. What would I look for?
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

SherryLRogers255 is offline Junior Member
    I tried searching Back Healer and buy back healer but got a ton of other stuff. Can u give me a brand name? Or a website?
    Thanks

joantops is offline Junior Member
    good, I've bought a roller in hope of lengthening my tight hip tendons.

secret agent girl is offline Senior Member
    I'd guess the back healer is a person educated in body alignment and posture. You might try searching on such things as: Strain/Counter-strain, Restorative Exercise, and related modalities...

Hey guys,

Yes, the guy was an anomaly to me, and I was skeptical for a year..... A friend had recommended him in October of last year as I was still chugging codeine in the form of T3's at up to 20 a day, in addition to OTC meds of high dose ibuprofen and paracetamol. I was 39 years old with a pain sustained in a horse riding accident when I was about 15 years old and had seen so many 'massage therapists / surgeons / chiro's / osteopaths / accupuncture / pain management clinics'...... the list goes on.

It was a revelation to see this guy only 8 weeks ago, and starting to take his suggestions. I have not been on codeine since November last year (came off them for other reasons) and my use of OTC's has reduced significantly. In fact, I've not had any meds at all in over a week, which is a miracle.

The guy I see is in Vancouver - Back Pain Vancouver - The Backhealer.com

He may have a network of fellow practitioners but I have no idea - all I know is that I've been doing what he has suggested for the past 8 weeks and although the pain got worse at times, it's now almost gone. I also strongly believe the change to Primal has helped - not least the elimination of gluten on my arthritis.....

Anyway - it's allowed me to now start very slowly into some of the lifting and I even sprinted on Monday (nothing to write home about) but I got out onto the street, and ran.............!

I do 20 minutes of 'healing' twice a day (morning and night), I do basic level lifting 3 days a week at least, I ran on Monday and plan to run every Monday, and I walk 40 minutes every day at the minimum.

Hope my story helps others with imbalances in their muscles get some help - as that is pretty much my issue. No point in doing heavy lifting when your muscles are not functioning the way nature intended, and my body was so twisted. Building them in the wrong place is not a help, and I struggled with hearing others always suggesting it on here - for me, I had to find out why my body was not working correctly, was in pain, and thankfully 25 years later, I'm almost pain free and slowly healing.

Good Luck!
    PG!!
    Primal - June 3rd 2013
    Starting Weight - 150lbs
    Current Weight - 150lbs
    Goal Weight - 130lbs
    (Female / 5'4")