Thread: Starting LHT today! Warmups??? page

Sylvana is offline Junior Member

Starting LHT today! Warmups???

Primal Fuel
    I've started PBF this week and today is my LHT day. Do I need to warm up before attempting the first LHT assessment?

Thanks!

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Heck yeah; warmups are important.

Sylvana is offline Junior Member
    Thanks, I'll start with a 10 minute warm up on elliptical.

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    I like to do a thorough full body warmup. like 5-10 minute jog, elliptical, etc. then some dynamic stretching. jumping around, jumproping, et. c then for a particular exercise like the squat, I like to do 3 warmup sets, getting progressively heavier with each one. then I will do my working sets. don't forget a good cooldown and stretch at the end of the workout
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    I like to do a thorough full body warmup. like 5-10 minute jog, elliptical, etc. then some dynamic stretching. jumping around, jumproping, et. c then for a particular exercise like the squat, I like to do 3 warmup sets, getting progressively heavier with each one. then I will do my working sets. don't forget a good cooldown and stretch at the end of the workout
    Pretty similar. I usually open up with 500-1000 meters on the rowing machine, then do some combo of bodyweight exercises, rubber band shoulder work, dynamic stretching/jumping, Swiss ball stuff. Squat/deadlift days I do some light kettlebell swings to activate the posterior chain a bit. Then before each major lift I work my way up to my heavy sets.

My 'general' warmup usually lasts 5-10 minutes before I hit the weights. Cooldown is most of the same stuff; maybe some ab work/planks/handstands/whatever.

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    Pretty similar. I usually open up with 500-1000 meters on the rowing machine, then do some combo of bodyweight exercises, rubber band shoulder work, dynamic stretching/jumping, Swiss ball stuff. Squat/deadlift days I do some light kettlebell swings to activate the posterior chain a bit. Then before each major lift I work my way up to my heavy sets.

My 'general' warmup usually lasts 5-10 minutes before I hit the weights. Cooldown is most of the same stuff; maybe some ab work/planks/handstands/whatever.
    oh yeah. definitely some shoulder work, lunges for the posterior chain, and pushups in that warmup. I need to be thorough when I warm up. a wise man once said "I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable..."
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6