Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: How many calories do YOU eat? page 5

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'm currently trying to bulk. 3500kcal/day and still not working. Down 2kg in the last month due to low-level activity, walking and weather. It seems I can't fight the 'Summer slim'. Hopefully I'll put on some mass over Autumn if I just keep at it.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeLazarus View Post
    Don't try to understand women. Only women understand women.

That is why they hate each other.

TRUTH
    That's the first I heard of that. I don't understand women and I am one. Then again, I don't dislike other women, so... Maybe you're onto something.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I'd apologize, but...

jodi29 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    I've been eating the same 1200-1400 calories for many years. It was only when I replaced carb calories with fat/protein calories that I saw a difference in weight.
    Oxide, you and I seem to be on the same page

This is the same for me. I've lessened the carbs (hovering between 25-35/day) and replaced with fat and protein. I now find myself not snacking anymore and only eating twice a day. And I've lost two pounds since Wednesday! Highly recommend trying this if you're trying to lose fat. My total calories have been averaging 1100-1200/day.

Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member

Key Tones is offline Member
    I don't know what my calorie intake is anymore. To lose weight, just find what puts you off your chow. I have had to change it up many times to keep weight loss going.

Now what works: eating bland paleo food (yes, Stephan Guyenet is right - this works for me) with no snacking and taking MCT oil shots Shangri-La style (in the middle of flavorless, two-hour windows). The only starch: potatoes or sweet potatoes, plain.
    2005 Low Carb - lost @ 80 pounds slowly, avg 15 pounds per year
    2010 Paleo Diet
    2013 Stephan Guyenet Low Food Reward/Seth Roberts Shangri-La with MCT Oil

Last 40 pounds lost with protein-sparing modified fasts, potato hack, and low food reward/Shangri-La Diet with MCT oil.

Now down 120+ pounds lost

Yet I'm still eating 3500kcal/day (calculated based on weighing my food, multiplying fat by 9 and carbs and protein by 4 and adding it all up; I'm keeping a log of what I'm doing this year) and maintaining when I used to maintain on 1500kcal/day. Not all of that can be down to a few hours of walking and a couple of weekly weight sessions.
    --

--
    I'd apologize, but...

Aldergirl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by little12 View Post
    LOL all you men. Not to generalize (but i'm going to anyway)...us females are sitting over here with the opposite problem!! I can't count how many times I've read female posts saying they have to eat like birds or starve themselves to see that # drop on the scale. It's crazy sometimes the drastic differences between men and women in terms of goals and how we get to them!
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    I am female. I can cut a ton of calories and not lose, but I can also eat a ton and not gain. I think the body down and up regulates metabolism based on amount of food to an extent. I am not saying calories do not matter at all, but I don't believe a straight CICO-weightloss correlation.
    I always had a hard time losing weight or gaining weight, too (I say “had” because I’m pregnant for the first time, and I don’t know how that will affect my body). On a Primal diet of 2,200-2,400 calories (starting out at 1/3 carb, 1/3 fat, 1/3 protein and going to about 50% fat, 30% protein and 20%carb), I lost weight without wanting to. I went from 127 to 122 over the course of 3 years—all the while trying not to lose weight, lol! I worked in a preschool, so I was on my feet all day: walking, sprinting after kids, patting backs to put kids to sleep, picking up kids, etc. When I wasn’t working (i.e. Christmas vacation), I ate around 1,600-1,800 calories—sometimes less if I was really busy and didn’t care to take time to eat, lol. I’m 5’4” and 28 years old.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345