Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: How many calories do YOU eat? page 4

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I am female. I can cut a ton of calories and not lose, but I can also eat a ton and not gain. I think the body down and up regulates metabolism based on amount of food to an extent. I am not saying calories do not matter at all, but I don't believe a straight CICO-weightloss correlation.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Nah, CICO. CICO!!! Women are just bigger liars about how much they put in their mouths. [/facetious]
    Its all that right brain left brain stuff. You know men are just better at math so we are superior at counting our calories.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Its all that right brain left brain stuff. You know men are just better at math so we are superior at counting our calories.
    Well, and the fact that women are also inherently deceitful.

citations: 1: the bible, 2: the famous redneck adage about things that bleed for several days but don't die

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Also women get the vapors.

Sent via F-22 Raptor

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Well, and the fact that women are also inherently deceitful.

citations: 1: the bible, 2: the famous redneck adage about things that bleed for several days but don't die
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    Also women get the vapors.

Sent via F-22 Raptor
    quoted for truth
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

Glass0wl is offline Member
    For me it works on the ratios

I am 5 ft 1 and 122 lbs and 58

Only exercise is walking 6+ k/ day

To maintain the above I can eat about 1400 cals BUT only if the carbs are below 100 g doesn't matter how many cals if that carb figure goes above 150 g I will put on weight.....

Black Timber is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    I am female. I can cut a ton of calories and not lose, but I can also eat a ton and not gain. I think the body down and up regulates metabolism based on amount of food to an extent. I am not saying calories do not matter at all, but I don't believe a straight CICO-weightloss correlation.
    The major part of calories out, is your metabolism. I think that is the confusion for many of the anti-CICO arguments. Everyone's metabolism reacts a little differently to different types of food. Since I've been at my goal weight, not skinny by any means, my body does the same as yours. I may go up a few pounds but those pounds disappear as fast as they arrived. My body seems to be better at self regulating than when I was heavier. The actual formula to describe a real life CICO would be very long but it basically will amount to CI-CO=W, or some derivation of that.
    Some of you may die, but that is a risk I'm willing to take.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Timber View Post
    The major part of calories out, is your metabolism. I think that is the confusion for many of the anti-CICO arguments. Everyone's metabolism reacts a little differently to different types of food. Since I've been at my goal weight, not skinny by any means, my body does the same as yours. I may go up a few pounds but those pounds disappear as fast as they arrived. My body seems to be better at self regulating than when I was heavier. The actual formula to describe a real life CICO would be very long but it basically will amount to CI-CO=W, or some derivation of that.
    Well sure! No need to open that can of worms . It is indeed as you say CO is big. CI can easily change CO, as can food quality, timing, stress levels, sleep, lighting, time of the month (ladies and some guys I guess), exercise, electromagnetic waves, solar flares, toaster ovens, and of course Canadians. So we can all agree that in the end CICO is ultimately correct.

Now that I think of it my "maintenance level" is much like others have responded.... vast. I can way overeat or even undereat and remain where I am. I'm about 15% bf by calipers though, so I'm cool with that. Sure I can fluctuate 5-10lbs in a week (or more like this past weekend), but I always settle back to this weight as long as I'm eating 80% primal.
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 09-06-2013 at 11:08 AM.

TheyCallMeLazarus is offline Senior Member
    Don't try to understand women. Only women understand women.

That is why they hate each other.

TRUTH
    "They now look to a single and splendid government of an aristocracy, founded on banking institutions, and moneyed incorporations under the guise and cloak of their favored branches of manufactures, commerce and navigation, riding and ruling over the plundered ploughman and beggared yeomanry." - Thomas Jefferson, 1826

oxide is offline Senior Member
    I've been eating the same 1200-1400 calories for many years. It was only when I replaced carb calories with fat/protein calories that I saw a difference in weight.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast