Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How many calories do YOU eat? page 3

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by little12 View Post
    Neckhammer---I need to do some research on "refeeds". I don't think I fully understand them and how to apply them in a beneficial way. BUT, I do think it might be something smart to add in every so often. Like you said, to break plateaus. To me, it seems a little like the same concept as IF only the other direction.

I do know that if I were moving more and lifting more, I should be eating more. BUT, since i'm not doing that quite yet (or not regularly enough), I don't want to be eating that way. It is what I want to get to though.
    Yup, where I am right now is not the same as the place you are. I've been there to some degree mind you, but not right now. Refeeds once every week or two can be excellent. Some people call them "cheat days". I'd rather consider it a planned splurge. It has a lot to do with leptin and its signalling.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryKiwi47 View Post
    5'5, 132lbs

Maintenance is roughly 2300kcal, eating 2650 to bulk... but I'm thinking I might need to up that. Seriously, I think my body is being a dick and raising the bar or something - I haven't gained in quite awhile. So, yes I'm maintaining on 2650 right now. Now I have o eat more :'( Woe to my wallet
    Yeah, CICO never behaves for me either. The more I eat, the more I need to eat to gain weight. I have to eat double what I eat at maintenance to swing the scale consistently. Wallet- and gut-busting quantities of food.

Mr. Anthony is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Yeah, CICO never behaves for me either. The more I eat, the more I need to eat to gain weight. I have to eat double what I eat at maintenance to swing the scale consistently. Wallet- and gut-busting quantities of food.
    Same here. I have to eat like a monster if I want to add size. Like literally 6K calories a day. And I still couldn't get fat on that, but I'd add some muscle. I haven't found how much food it takes for me to get fat, but it's some absolutely superhuman amount.

Sent via F-22 Raptor

girlhk is offline Senior Member
    Eating around around 1800-2300 calories while nursing a toddler. 31, 5'4", 105 lbs, not too active. Was eating 2500-3000 calories in the first year of nursing and weight fluctuated 105-110lbs. Anything less than 1800 makes me very hungry, and more than 2500 or so uncomfortably stuffed..

little12 is offline Member
    LOL all you men. Not to generalize (but i'm going to anyway)...us females are sitting over here with the opposite problem!! I can't count how many times I've read female posts saying they have to eat like birds or starve themselves to see that # drop on the scale. It's crazy sometimes the drastic differences between men and women in terms of goals and how we get to them!

Allenete is offline Senior Member
    132lb, 5'8/9, female
    2000-2500cal
    Used to be around 1800 but I kept losing weight. Even now I sometimes, very slowly ...

I lift 3-4 times a week, sprint, jog occasionally, and do other random workouts with people. Basically doing something every day.

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    5'3", 122lbs, my only planned exercise is yoga 2x/week. Most weeks I average 1800 cals/day, some weeks a bit less, some weeks as much as 2100 cals/day. My daily calories are all over the place, 1300-2800. I'm an obsessive calorie counter and weigher, but my actual consumption (and macro split) is dictated by what's going on in my life rather than any plan.

OP, are you comfortable on 1200 cals/day? Some people are, but I would be starving all the time.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    LOL all you men. Not to generalize (but i'm going to anyway)...us females are sitting over here with the opposite problem!! I can't count how many times I've read female posts saying they have to eat like birds or starve themselves to see that # drop on the scale. It's crazy sometimes the drastic differences between men and women in terms of goals and how we get to them!
    Nah, CICO. CICO!!! Women are just bigger liars about how much they put in their mouths. [/facetious]

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Usually around 2500, but it varies from a max of around 3000 to sometimes down to 1600, like right now for our ab-off.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Allenete is offline Senior Member
    I think this is a perception issue, not reality.

Though I do find I now have to shovel food down my mouth to maintain, and I'm not quite sure yet why.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast