Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Girls only! Aunt Flo issues? page 2

Aldergirl is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Thanks for the info on how to care for cloth pads! I just made a wet bag for diapers, so I should be able to do the same for pads.

As for the Seventh Generation pads, if you need them for heavy days (or even moderate days), use the MAXI overnight pads. The thin overnight pads just don't absorb much. The regular thin pads are great for lighter days, but the Maxi ones are the way to go for any larger amount of bleeding. They're bulkier, sure, but they absorb quite a bit and don't seem to have any of that horrible absorbent jell stuff (the regular/thin ones don't seem to either, which is likely why they just don't absorb as much!). The pads are sold at Fred Meyer (in the "organic" section), as well as online and probably in other stores, too. I usually order them online, or just buy them at Fred Meyer if I'm in a hurry.

blondiegreen is offline Senior Member
    It's 3am and i just woke up bc I bled through everything. Super tampon, heavy flow cloth pad, undies & pajamas! I don't know what to do! I sure hope it lets up soon.
    Last edited by blondiegreen; 09-06-2013 at 02:40 AM.
    Needing some accountability, so here's my stats:
    34yrs old, 5'5"
    CW: 163lbs (07/2014)
    GW: 135lbs or less
    Eating mainly paleo, but including a bit of white rice (don't call the Paleo Police!)

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Is it possible that you are having a miscarriage? Because it sounds like my miscarriage.

No, haven't even had sex in the past month, and DH had the big V in May. It's my first cycle postpartum and baby is 10 months. I'm assuming it will be extra heavy bc of that. Plus, I don't really have cramps, just backache.
    34yrs old, 5'5"
    Eating mainly paleo, but including a bit of white rice (don't call the Paleo Police!)

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    This is unrelated to the specific question, but does anyone else notice how their TOM affects their mood? I feel really anti social when I'm on it, and also feel a lot less secure in myself. Weird hormones!!!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Yes, I get super emotional and irritated while on my cycle.

I found the Softcup, and so far, so good - no leaking!! We'll see hiw many hours it holds up; it says up to 12.

I also juiced a whole bunch of spinach this morning and that definitely gave me an energy boost. Now if only my backache would resolve itself. Perhaps a visit to the chiro is in order.
    34yrs old, 5'5"

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Ah yeah, I've used the Softcups too. I think they're too large for some people, but they work okay for me (despite needing a smaller re-usable cup, interestingly enough). With a heavy flow, you probably can't get 12 hrs, but they're certainly comfortable enough to leave in that long otherwise! I love using them for overnight .

Perhaps a heating pad for the back ache?

For me, I only ever had emotional issues prior to my period. That was resolved by supplementing Vitex for a good 6 months or more.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

PoisonApple is offline Senior Member
    Primal eating made my period worse. My cramps were usually average, my flow slow and only 2-3 days long pre-primal.
    Once i went primal, my period went away for 2 months and my hormones balanced out. However, the flow is always heavy, last 4-6 days, and the cramps are HORRIBLE.

This has been the ONLY downside to primal eating for me. I will try little to no sugar and more water next time to see if that helps.
    Also I got an IUD a month ago, and it's turned all of my emotions up 3000 degrees. I'm a total psycho 500% of the time. Everyone says it will be worth it in the end...
    Proud Bangmaid since August 2009

Waterlily is offline Senior Member
    [QUOTE=blondiegreen;1301541]...I'm assuming more iron would be good b/c of the amount of flow.QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by blondiegreen View Post
    It's 3am and i just woke up bc I bled through everything. Super tampon, heavy flow cloth pad, undies & pajamas! I don't know what to do! I sure hope it lets up soon.
    You will lose more blood if low on iron. The body is oddly designed in that way. You will lose more blood if iron defficient. I would suggest to get your iron level checked. Also, magnesium has greatly helped me with cramps. It's not magic, but makes it barable.
    Keep us informed if you find anything that works for you.
    Paleo since April 2013 for health reasons.

Aldergirl is offline Senior Member
    Eat some liver and heart, too. That will help with iron stores, as well as other vitamins!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12