Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Emotional Cooking page 2

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    He cooks for you, and there are carbs involved?

Dump that oppressive pig, down with patriarchy
    Lmao. It isn't about carbs (more like grains) but about respecting one's personal choices. If I painstakingly made some hemlock for you, would you drink it?

:P

It is organic, paleo hemlock!!!
    Last edited by turquoisepassion; 09-05-2013 at 11:23 AM.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Coercion using the other person's affection as a weapon is a nasty game. Don't play. Now if you love everything else about this guy, and you don't think he's wielding your love as a weapon, and you think that your health is less important than being with him, then by all means, stay where you are.

Torquoisepassion, I wish I'd had your sense of self and strength when I was a young woman. It would have saved me years of grief.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    Lmao. It isn't about carbs (more like grains) but about respecting one's personal choices. If I painstakingly made some hemlock for you, would you drink it?

:P

It is organic, paleo hemlock!!!
    Sure, with a coke, I can probably survive it.

Well, if he cries like a bitch over her not eating it, then that's different. I'm sure he can compromise and throw a slab of meat and greens on the side for her, since that doesn't require any effort to make.

Without the whole story, sounds like he's just trying to be nice. And, it goes both ways. Only eating meat and veg seems a little odd to most people. Most people are pretty diplomatic when you talk to them, if not, see ya later.
    nihil

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    I have never had a guy cook for me, so I can't relate that much in that respect. I took it to be more about junk food and stuff.

Sure, with a coke, I can probably survive it.

Well, if he cries like a bitch over her not eating it, then that's different. I'm sure he can compromise and throw a slab of meat and greens on the side for her, since that doesn't require any effort to make.

Without the whole story, sounds like he's just trying to be nice. And, it goes both ways. Only eating meat and veg seems a little odd to most people. Most people are pretty diplomatic when you talk to them, if not, see ya later.
    Well, she talked to him about it, he knows eating paleo makes her happy, and she compromised for him when she cooks... But he refuses to do the same.

To me, that is a warning sign of a guy who expects a girl to bend over backwards for his beliefs and life without wanting to do the same for her. It really doesn't have to be about paleo or carbs or whatever at all.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    I don't know how you get all that from cooking, which he probably loves, and sees doing as a pleasure thing, and wants to share it with someone he cares about. It probably comes as a shock to him that someone doesn't want his cooking, so, in fairness, maybe just tell him he can come up with some grainfree low carb culinary diseases and show him some creative recipes.

Women have this weird mental state now, where everything a guy does that isn't exactly to her liking is some weird way of oppressing her via love and affection.

*dishes my bad freudian slip
    nihil

nikitakolata is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    Well, she talked to him about it, he knows eating paleo makes her happy, and she compromised for him when she cooks... But he refuses to do the same.

To me, that is a warning sign of a guy who expects a girl to bend over backwards for his beliefs and life without wanting to do the same for her. It really doesn't have to be about paleo or carbs or whatever at all.
    I agree, that really stuck out to me as being a bad sign. It reminds me of the guy my sister is dating currently...

I would tell him that you are sorry if this comes out wrong, but you really need him to stop making certain foods for you. I would also tell him how you plan for him by including potatoes/rice/whatever to accomodate his tastes and you'd really appreciate if he did the same for you. If he does, then great. If he can't, then I don't think he's worth being in a relationship with.

diene is offline Senior Member
    Next time he makes you a plate of pasta, just dump it in the trash. He'll learn after a few times. If not, then he's too dumb to be conditioned, and it's hopeless.

I don't know how you get all that from cooking, which he probably loves, and sees doing as a pleasure thing, and wants to share it with someone he cares about. It probably comes as a shock to him that someone doesn't want his cooking, so, in fairness, maybe just tell him he can come up with some grainfree low carb culinary diseases and show him some creative recipes.

Women have this weird mental state now, where everything a guy does that isn't exactly to her liking is some weird way of oppressing her via love and affection.

*dishes my bad freudian slip
    Derp... You are hella smart but just plain wrong this time. This isn't about oppression or battle of the sexes. Girls can be manipulative too. I have been in enough manipulative situations to know what one looks like... Guy or girl.

This guy in question is obviously either dumb (unlikely) or just being disrespectful and dismissive of the OP's desires and needs. Manipulating her by saying "but I made this" doesn't help.
    Last edited by turquoisepassion; 09-05-2013 at 12:04 PM.
    ------

Zach is offline Banned
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I love how much people can read into a single post. Already this guy is a complete selfish idiot, incapable of compromise.

Also if a girl tossed my pasta in the trash i would toss her out the door.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast