Thread: Getting sick?!? page

ksagle is offline Member

Getting sick?!?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi everyone!
    One of the great things about following PB is that I never get sick anymore! It's awesome. Having said that, this past week has been crazy busy and I haven't gotten nearly enough sleep... I woke up this morning feeling a little phlegm-y and stuffed up. I have a big weekend coming up, and I was wondering if anyone has any tips to fight this off before it gets worse?
    Thanks!
    Karen

lark42 is offline Senior Member
    I'm a huge proponent of Oil of Oregano for whatever ails a person ; without knowing whether you've been exposed to a virus, are merely run-down, or have an allergy, I'd turn immediately to oil of oregano.

If you're unfamiliar with it, oil of oregano is available at all health stores. You can Google for tons of info, and I highly recommend having a read through The Cure is in the Cupboard

Hope you have a great weekend

Lark
    "Unfortunately, humans rely less on instincts and more on culture to determine what they eat" - Marcia Pelchat

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Neti pot or any other kind of warm saline solution rinse will help loosen up the crud in your sinuses. Sinus soothing tea & ginger tea will help keep things clear. Eat well & drink bone broth!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Stacy15 is online now Senior Member
    I drink baking soda when I start to feel anything come on. Sounds weird, I know, but google "baking soda and colds and flu".

AuroraB is online now Senior Member
    I second the neti pot! It'll help clear out the congestion. The oil of oregano is a good thing too. You could also try taking a mega dose of garlic capsules (get the odorless). Garlic also has anti-viral properties like the oregano.
    Some people just need a sympathetic pat... On the head... With a hammer.

ksagle is offline Member
    Hm. Goods tips guys, thanks!

Drinking baking soda! Yikes!

Since I'm learning now that the old CW is often false - should I be pumping myself full of liquids like I've always been told to when I feel something coming on? Vitamin C?

kiwigal is offline Senior Member
    Take some good naps, and get a decent nights rest!!!

Breezy111 is offline Member
    Take a lot of vitamin C, google it. There was a doctor curing polio with high dosages of it in like the 1940's. I take up to 20,000 mgs a day when I feel like I'm coming down with something.